Saturday 3 September 2022

A light work week this week

 I haven't got a lot done this week. Long days and real life have definitely led to a diminished capacity for nerd related festivity.

Jagdpanther!

I finished the third Jagdpanther and it came together as easily as the first two. I had a bit of primer-related drama where the can was a bit too close and pitted one of the side skirts. A bit of plastic putty and some serious filework and the damage is mostly invisible.  

So now I have *most* of a neat little Jagdpanther list and if I can get hold of a box of Ostwinds before December, I might run this for our end of year club event.

From the Pile

Some classic Hordes Warlocks, Midas and Helga: 

Midas always struck me as an interesting Warlock for Farrow by making combat troops out of a support unit, which I loved. Helga was something that appealed as just as a concept and the fact that there are Farrow Valkyries are just a whole thing that I wouldn't say no to. I enjoyed working in a palette that was mostly shades of brown with a few highlights. Helga's metals are a bit shinier and goldier and Midas' are all rusted, as befits a bonepicker!

These are from back when I was super down the PP rabbit hole and was thinking of getting back into Hordes. With the impending release of Mark IV, and the promise of some new models, I'm tempted to consider Farrow going forward IF Mark IV pans out to be as good as it promises at this stage.

Workbench

Blogger Scotty and I somehow talked each other into giving Warhammer Underworlds a go. Partly because it looks like a lot of fun and the model kits that are coming out for it are frankly amazing. I've decided to start with the Crimson Court as my first team:


The GW pushfit models are frankly incredible. These ones required me puttying one seam which is super impressive sprue design. I've started getting paint on them and they're stonking models. They are, however, a bit of a pig to prime. I probably should have primed them on sprue if I'm honest.

Next Time

Scotty and I will play a game or five of Warhammer Underworlds so a review will be inbound. First read throughs look really promising though. I've also lined up a game of Flames that I think I'll take some Storm Grenadiers for and we'll see how that goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment