Thursday 15 September 2022

Pooch's August update

Well, August is gone, and we are another month down. And back to not being very timely with the blog posts.... oops, my bad on that one.... 

But more importantly, the big question is how am I going with my challenges?

1. Paint a platoon of DAK each month

This month's DAK platoon is a platoon I really wished I bought two (or even three or four of!) of when I had the chance- an Infantry platoon!

Comprising of 4 MG teams, an HMG, a Mortar, and a 2.8cm Anti-tank rifle, this platoon really does have all of the toys, but not really enough infantry to be an attacking platoon. Regardless, I am really happy with how they look, and given a chance to pick up another platoon I will do that in a heartbeat!

The full platoon


4 MG stands, looking cool

2.8cm ATR, Mortar and tripod MG42 

I also finished up the Rommel figure I had lying around too, you can't have a DAK army without Rommel....


Next up? Some more tank killers I think.....

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

So the goal of finishing more of my Adeptus Sororitas army continues, this time with two more Penitent Engines, bringing my total of heavy flamer and buzz saw wielding light armoured walkers to three.

So very grimdark....

Not sure what's next for them, which is possibly problematic given it is actually halfway through the next month already!

3. Finish up a table of terrain

A double feature this month- first is another building for my 28mm Moderns table- Apollo's cafe! Painted in some pretty simple colours, the cafe is a nice overall addition to the board (and likely sells simply terrible coffee).

Mmmm... you can smell the burnt coffee from here.....

I also managed to knock through more terrain for my Silver Bayonet table- finishing up the pieces necessary for the Troll Bridge scenario- namely, a river, a bridge and a boat!

Close up of the Bridge and River in action!

Longboat, with swivel gun added and Vindivanire for scale

The river came from Battlekiwi, with additional model effects put onto the top of it to make it look all watery and awesome. 

One of the six(!) river sections

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

I was back to the wonderful game of Silver Bayonet this month, introducing my son to the game, playing new scenarios I had written and using the new terrain I had recently finished. 

A couple of photos (to go with the one of the Bridge from earlier!)

French vs Revenants

Prussians vs Russians vs Troll!

5. Paint a new historical army

Junior Pooch was keen on playing some games too, so I dug out some single based French Dragoons for him to use as his Silver Bayonet band. Never one to let an opportunity to add another figure or two to the lead pile, I also grabbed him a Vindivaniere from Warlord Games!

She also comes with a most important terrain piece- a donkey!

And that's it, back to the painting table!

Get those blogs out more timely!

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment