Saturday 17 September 2022

One giant skellington

It's been a fairly hectic week IRL this week and 1:1 scale painting and basing (does that really work as a proxy for gardening? I dunno....) has absorbed much of my weekend so a very short post this week as I've done very little hobbying but at least persisted in pushing on with the jobs I can. 

More Underworlds

This is the leader of Kainen's Ravagers, one Mir Kainen, of the Ossiarch Bonereapers. I wasn't super sure what how to paint them or how I wanted to paint them so I watched GW's actually painting tutorial, bent it around the paint I had on hand and I don't think it's come out too badly:

I'm fairly happy with the outcome - it's a big change from how I'd normally do piles of bones, given all the other GW skeletons I've painted have been Khemrian, so bleached bones sort of seemed appropriate. These ones starting with brown for the bones is definitely different and my output here sort of resembles the official scheme but not remotely as polished as the studio painters!! It was a good little process that I'll use on the rest of the Bonereapers, now that I've got the big one done!

Renaissance Spanish

 
Three LH mounted arquebusiers for my Renaissance Spanish. These were fun to do as they're simple enough models and the horses were already finished. I had a bit of a think about how to do these bases alongside a couple of medium cavalry mounted arqubusiers and decided that the "aiming" poses should all get used on the light horse bases so that the formed cavalry look a bit more formed (and a bit dull as a result but so be it).

I've realised I haven't been through and done socks and blazes on my cavalry so far and I've decided I won't until they're all finished and then I can just smash all those out (and probably give the horses a bit of a tidy around the basing as well) at once.

Next Time 

I'm tentatively lined up for a game of 7DttRR at our next club day and will probably be playing some more Underworlds with Blogger Scotty at some point. I've also started on the next pile of 15mm cavalry, having mostly finished the horses for the rest of the mounted for my Renaissance. Then I'll have to do the next Tercio....

No comments:

Post a Comment