Saturday 19 November 2022

The drive to Get-There-City

 It's been a busy few weeks down here as we run up to Christmas and the mood for painting hasn't really struck. But with an appropriate motivation, it's amazing how quickly you can get there.

Finishing up the Scarif Beach Party again...

I spent some time finishing up the bits I powered through in order to get spanked by Pooch's droids.

Agent Kallus is quite a cool model in the end and I like how he's come up, given it's still mostly black. And on the subject of mono-tone things, the Dewback:

Both riders done. I do like the model with the T-21. It's got a kind of cowboy vibe to it, just carrying a longarm at the rest like that. I do really love this model and while I have fought with the green to come up the way I want it, it isn't. It's come up better in the pictures than in real life!

Now there's just two more things to do. I've just started work on the infamous Boba Fett and when IG-88 comes out some time in 2023, I'm going to put together an 'Imperial Super Friends' list with Vader, Boba Fett, Bossk and IG-88 (and nothing but Stormtroopers and Imperial Officer types who you might find on a Star Destroyer) after this scene in Star Wars:

(c) Walt Disney Corporation
But this time there WILL be disintegrations....!

Remember December Prep

With our annual club Flames of War event (this year themed on the new FoW Bulge lists) coming up in a little under three weeks, I decided on a list. Then I couldn't for love nor money get a box of Battlefront Ostwind / Wirbelwinds. So I decided on another list but that list wants about 20 SdKfz 250s that I don't own and ain't nobody got time for that. 

So I came up with a third option and will be running an FHH Veteran Ardennes Assault Panzergrenadier company. It'll mean painting up a few halftracks in the next couple of weeks but I can manage that. The first job though was to paint a CO & 2iC for the army, so I dug through my bits box and lo!

I've got some triple-15mm AA half tracks and some SdKfz 251s with Stummels inbound alongside a couple of other toys that Blogger McBeth put into a list for....defending with. It's an intriguing proposition so look out for those upcoming too.

Next Time

Club day and whatever that means. Something silly no doubt. Also, look out for WIPs of Boba Fett, another RPG character and the early stages of my RD painting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment