Saturday 12 November 2022

This gun's for hire...

...even if we're just dancing in the dark?

Misleading blog title much? There was weirdly no power at the club yesterday so my photos were all really dark and most of them didn't really come out so today's blog is going to be mostly text and some very badly brightness corrected images.  

Warmachine Mark IV Beta

Blogger Scotty and I had a couple of games of the revised version of Warmachine. The game mostly came back to us pretty quickly and we didn't have to look up too much - mostly looking up things that we thought might be different.

Jeremiah Kraye had a bad time with Kreoss2 - Kreoss2's feat (with autohit and extra attacks) combined with Knights Exemplar Officers granting Cleave meant all Scotty's infantry just exploded. Also, we both rolled Tough rolls like a boss, but I had lots of "can't be knocked down" jank so mine were just straight better. Scotty and I both couldn't figure out Kraye's new feat and how to best use it so that's an opportunity for another game.

Things that were good:

  • Removing things like facing and freestrikes; adding premeasuring and changing things like running were all improved simplifications
  • The changes to AOEs, sprays and unit movement & coherency were all well received by us
  • Command cards did stuff when we remembered we had them
  • The new listbuilding app is well designed, easy enough to use (although it's beta-ness is still visible) and while it's effectively mandatory, that's probably okay
  • List building was still nice and easy

Things that were not good:

  • Giving the Protectorate Kreoss2 as a beta caster was a bit savage and me only owning Severius1 as an alternative wasn't much of an alternative in terms of fun games
  • The long wait for legacy cards means we're not going to leap into stuff quicksmart but we will happily play with our old collections
  • We might have more stuff than we can use (Scotty might have too many Steelheads)
  • The app is a massive battery hog (this may be a temporal problem with our clubroom having no power for the day...)

In other matters...

Blogger Pooch and I had a game of Star Wars Legion. I got Agent Kallus out for a run and decided he needed Vader for help.

While I blitzed all the battledroids off the park (bar one...) my Imperial forces were comfortably obliterated by the the Droid Tank, General Grievous and a unit of B2s. The bar one is important because that one droid was the one that took Vader's last wound when Grievous couldn't manage it. 

Lets just say we're not proud of that effort. 

 It was a comfortable win for Pooch holding two of the three objectives and having locked Kallus in combat with Grievous, I had a unit of Shores and my Dewback and while I was going to try and bite the tank to death with the Dewback, Pooch had a working tank and a full unit of B2s and it wasn't going to end well for me! 

Next Time

I've done a big tidy up in my office, found a couple of half finished projects so will be getting into those. I've also got a Dewback to finish, a Boba Fett to paint and a bunch of things I should stop putting off...

No comments:

Post a Comment