Saturday 26 November 2022

Charge in, stains out!

Troubleshooters

When we've finished our current RPG run of Lex Arcana Blogger Tank is going to run our RPG crew through a game of Troubleshooters. This RPG runs and plays in the style of a 1960s Franco-Belgian Bande-DesinĂ©e - basically imagine an RPG of Tintin and you're somewhere in the ballpark. I'll be playing an officer of the Royal Belgian Customs Service named Ruben. RPG friend T-Boss gave the lads the pick of character models from his version of CMONs Cthulhu - Death May Die and I've got this one: 

It's a simple paint scheme - I'm sort of copying the card art from Death May Die - but my conceit was to gloss varnish the shoes and webbing. Because Ruben is a man who does not turn up to work looking anything other than parade ground ready. Officious? No. Just very good at his job and with an encyclopaedic knowledge of Franco-Belgian border practice.

More December Prep

I've done the first two halftracks, one each of the 15mm Flak and 75mm Stummel: 



They've come up well and as you can see from the photo, fit in pretty well alongside the PSC 251/D that will be transportating my Assault Grenadiers.

l'Art de la Guerre

I broke the Teutons out against Blogger McBeth's Scots, led by MacBeth, because why wouldn't you? I got very lucky with the terrain landing and got a mostly open field with only a gentle hill for McBeth to defend with his armoured, elite heavy spearmen! My Crusaders got very excited as they could head straight down the beach to fight some formed swordsmen:

On my other flank, Norman cavalry attacked the Teutons to get some favourable matchups: 

The lines met and my dice were absolutely appalling. 1s and 2s across the board. In two rounds of combat, 7 of my ten Knight bases were damaged or destroyed outright. Even in combats where I was up 3 to 1... so the game was over really quickly but hey, they looked cool going down in a screaming heap.

Musing on Panzer Buns

So in this post here I reviewed a mid-war Italian Guastatori list in light of the points amendments made by the Bunshop Wargamers that look to rebalance mid-war and I said that Buns didn't change the list. Turns out I was wrong and Guastatori platoons are also 3 points cheaper so now I'm off to thinking about alternatives. 

 Current plans are to either drop in a Lancia da 90 because one 90mm gun is better than no 90mm guns OR possibly drop in a special character that gives me Night Attack when I attack, extra minefields when I defend and better assaults provided he's in the assault. I love the idea of one guaranteed minefield when defending.

 I tested the list yesterday with the Lancia da 90 against Scotty's Hungarians in Probe and only won because Scotty couldn't pass a counter attack roll for love nor money and all my reserves arrived in the same spot from scattered reserves. Huh. 

Next Time

MOAR painting. I've got just under a fortnight to get five more halftracks done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment