Monday 14 November 2022

Pooch's October update

 Man, I am really yo-yoing on the timing of these updates. One month is super late, one month is super on time. Is there any rhyme or reason to it?

No. 

Will it change?

Also no.

At least the painting has continued right?

1. Paint a platoon of DAK each month

Winning the prize for the most useless unit in the DAK army in Flames of War.... The Stuka!

It wins that prize because you need to roll to have it arrive, then you need to roll to range in for it's bomb, then you need to roll to hit the things under the template, then have them fail their save, and then passing the 2+ firepower roll.... and all for the princely sum of 9 points.

Still, they are so iconic for the early/mid war Germans, so I couldn't not have some. All in all, I really didn't enjoy painting them. I wanted to do airbrush camo, but me and the airbrush had a big fight resulting in me needing to do the camouflage by hand. Which I don't hate, but isn't quite as good as I was hoping for.

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeorm

Not sure what will be next month- Probably should be some Panzers, but then I do have some infantry on the way...

2. Add something to armies I have already painted


I failed on the painting something for my Sororitas, so let's quickly breeze into the fact that I finished up a bunch more Shadespire warbands!

Drepur's Wraithkeepers

Storm of Celestus

Hedkrakka's Madmob

Kharga's Reavers



The Grymwatch

Thundrik's Profiteers

So just.... one or two warbands right? And this is still not all of the ones I own!

3. Finish up a table of terrain

Potbelly Miniatures has been at it again, this time printing me up a stunning Baba Yaga's hut, which I am going to use for games of Silver Bayonet (once I finish up preparing the rules for the scenario!)


Hut hut!

Back of Hut Hut

Reconquest Designs Scarecrow for scale (and because I painted him this month too!)

The model is simply a wonderful design and print, so perfect in theme and scale to be a part of the Silver Bayonet game.

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

This month I played a lot of Warhamer Underworlds. Both at the club, at home, pretty much with anyone who would play the game! I really got a good handle on the rules and how to play the game- although I got smashed in many games, it was a real blast! It's for sure going to be a regular game for me from now on.

Storm of Celestus in action

Wollop da Skull fighting a fish elf.....

Pooch Jr running the Storm of Celestus

Four player Warhammer Underworlds!

5. Paint a new historical army

I'm back updating my late war US tanks to fit in with the latest Bulge US book, meaning I got the whitewash back out again, this time completing Stuarts, Jeeps, Priests and a Super Pershing.

So grimy, so good!

A bit of a closer look


MORE TIMELY UPDATES ARE DEMANDED

Pooch



No comments:

Post a Comment