Since it's me, these things start with:
- A list of things I want to achieve next year, and
- setting myself a timeline for doing updates
Now, onto the plan. Since there are 12 months, it seems appropriate to have 12 goals. So in no particular order:
- Paint a new 40k Army
- Create a table of terrain to support a game
- Make a modular terrain piece
- Paint a naval fleet
- Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year and take it to a tournament
- Buy a starter box and paint all of it
- Paint every miniature for a game I own
- Paint a Space Marine each month
- Paint a stand alone force for a game
- Update and improve a table of terrain
- Paint something Napoleonic
- Finish what I should have finished last year
Without a doubt I will paint more than this, especially since commissions don't count!
I have got a plan for each of them, which will become clear as the year progresses. But to give you a clue on #8 I bought a full blind box of Space Marine Heroes, netting me one of each.
I've got a plan for what Chapter they will be too. Given I am going for one of the more complex chapter colour schemes, I am going to paint one a month to ensure I do a proper job of painting them!
I'm not game enough to commit to a weekly update like McZ, instead I'm going to go for a much more manageable monthly update schedule.
So that's the plan, look out for the first update in January to see how I am getting on!