Saturday 29 December 2018

Setting some goals for 2019

Apparently McZ's near-constant reminders of his blogging successes has finally worn me down, and it's time to get myself back into this blogging thing. Perhaps it's not enough sleep after a family holiday. Who knows, but here we are.

Since it's me, these things start with:

  1. A list of things I want to achieve next year, and
  2. setting myself a timeline for doing updates
The plan

Now, onto the plan. Since there are 12 months, it seems appropriate to have 12 goals. So in no particular order:

  1. Paint a new 40k Army
  2. Create a table of terrain to support a game
  3. Make a modular terrain piece
  4. Paint a naval fleet
  5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year and take it to a tournament
  6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it
  7. Paint every miniature for a game I own
  8. Paint a Space Marine each month
  9. Paint a stand alone force for a game
  10. Update and improve a table of terrain
  11. Paint something Napoleonic
  12. Finish what I should have finished last year
Without a doubt I will paint more than this, especially since commissions don't count!

I have got a plan for each of them, which will become clear as the year progresses. But to give you a clue on #8 I bought a full blind box of Space Marine Heroes, netting me one of each. 

I've got a plan for what Chapter they will be too. Given I am going for one of the more complex chapter colour schemes, I am going to paint one a month to ensure I do a proper job of painting them!

Updates

I'm not game enough to commit to a weekly update like McZ, instead I'm going to go for a much more manageable monthly update schedule.

So that's the plan, look out for the first update in January to see how I am getting on!

Pooch

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic plan Pooch. You are inspiring me to get off my butt and set some goals as well.

    ReplyDelete