Saturday 29 June 2019

Gang Warfare

It's been a tough week of not getting a lot of painting time but I have managed to get the Cawdor 99% done with a little experimental detailing left to do. 

Cawdor

Like I said last week, the whole gang is mixed blue and linen and aiming to look a bit dirty. So just a few pics rather than a long and rambly description. 

The mob
The boss and his offsider, with possibly the worst heavy weapon in Necromunda


Cawdor polearms. Because a gun works best strapped to a 6' pole right? 

Close up lunatics

The mad bomber and the sniper. Yep. Sniping with an autogun because that's how we do. 
I'm missing a second champion to play against Tank and Pooch's boxed gangs, but GW have (vexiungly?) just dropped a magnificent Cawdor bounty hunter from Forge World who will make an excellent champion too, so he's gone on the shopping list. And if I'm going to Forge World, I'll have to pick up a weapons kit and another sprue of dudes to make up some other variants...

On the experimentation front,  I picked up some Typhus Corrosion and Ryza Rust from GW yesterday and I'm doing a few experiments on how these two paints work together to give a rust effect. I want all the blades and spikey bits to look really rusty and tetanus-y. Seems like it'd fit well with the fluff.

Valkyrie!


I'm stiff fighting with the door gunners. It's very hard to get them to sit right when you can't take the hull apart. That's often the way with auction purchases. Mercifully the wings still come off so it's not impossible, just stupid hard. But I've got the tiger stripe on, repainted the whole thing in the right shade of green and have mapped out a bit of a transfer plan to make it look super cool. 

Next time
The Valkyrie will definitely be done and as blogger Scotty is working out a 1000 point narrative campaign to run through August, September and October, I have a few things I'll need to buy and get built and painted for that. On the plus side, doing that will just about get the Guard company finished too.

No comments:

Post a Comment