Saturday 8 June 2019

Workbench update

So the cold and the jetlag has really put a dent in my productuvity this week and I think after the insane amount of stuff I did before I went away, it's going to take a while to get back in the swing of having things done for Sunday blog posts. But I have done some work this week.

Cadians
I got the base coats on the last infantry squad and while I was hoping to get them done today, the ability to concentrate for long periods hasn't really been there (thanks jetlag. Ugh.)

But rapid fire squad is coming along nicely. In the meantime, I also got the support squad assembled and based ready for priming. 

I rather like the idea that I'm deploying a platoon with sensible platoon level support. Not 9 mortars. One of these lascannons probably should be something else, but they just look so cool!

Fellow blogger Scotty is planning a narrative campaign (at 1000 points!) so I'd super keen to drop my Guard into that, led by one of my fearless Inquisitors. Who, you ask? The current plan is Greyfax because the model is awesome and I haven't put her on the table yet. And Karamazov seems like that would be stupid. 

Not Cadians
Because Cadians seem to have been a bit of a staple for me for a while (but so close to being done with the infantry!) I thought I'd get the Cawdor gangers built. The models are delightful, albeit not as poseable as I'd hoped, but definitely provide a better mix of options than the old metal range. I have close combat weapons!


Pooch, of course, reminded me that Forge World have also made some alternative weapon loadouts. And they look amazing. And I'll probably have to get them too. *Have To*. You understand. 

Next time
The finished Cadians, obviously, and probably a couple of test Cawdor models. Although, looking at the pile. maybe even my tidied up Khemrian skeletons for playing Kings of War Vanguard might make the cut. If I can remember how I painted them to add in the last couple of models!

No comments:

Post a Comment