Saturday 1 June 2019

Had you noticed?


That all of my last four posts looked alarmingly familiar?

I went on holiday and craftily pre-published my weekly blog posts to make sure I kept up my self imposed requirement to blog weekly. :) So I painted a bunch of stuff over the month before I went away in amongst all my other projects!

So I went to Japan (amaze, BTW) and had high hopes for things I might be able to pick up based on a previous trip a few years ago. I wanted to get some scale model aircraft, in particular, to support some Team Yankee plans. I didn't have a lot of joy with the scale models unfortunately - since Gundams, while awesome and to scale, don't really slot into TY armies.

I did find a few little gems about the place though.

1. Some 1/100ish modern machinery from Tomica that will get repainted for my TY board.


2. Tank made me sad when he posted that he had no one to play Necromunda with, so I bought the Cawdor gang box. It looks like it'll be fun to put together and play. (Great excuse right?!)


3. And then there was the 'well, if I can't have some planes, then Imma buy a flying battleship': 


I saw the Space Battleship Yamato film at a film festival here a few years ago and it was awesome. So this popped into my head as a backup possible souvenir. I can't wait to put this together....

No comments:

Post a Comment