Saturday 28 March 2020

Lockdown projects


So. 

Level 4 COVID-19 Lockdown. Time for projects! 

I started with something a little absurd. While I was in Japan last year, I picked up a boxed model of the Space Battleship Yamato. I've always figured that I'd have a model ship on a mantlepiece at some point. Now I have the model ship, I just need the mantlepiece. 

This took me most of a day to assemble but I think I glued in no more than about two dozen parts and most of those were gun barrels! It still needs painting, but I don't know what that's going to look like at this point. A pin wash and the decking timber is about as far as I've got so far. Once I get some batteries for the internal LEDs too, bits of it will light up!
Space Battleship Yamato 2202
The other thing I've finished up this week was a classic GW Stone Troll. I picked him up for my Orc Warband in Mordheim (yep, it's that old) and finally got him done. He's been in the box of shame for a while as I don't think there's anything sensible I can use him for in Frostgrave. Potentially he'll have a role in a Kings of War: Vanguard warband though.
Troll throw rock!
Next Time
It's going to be workbenches and finished painting things for the foreseeable future. We've got 3.5 more weeks of lockdown and we'll see where that leaves the country. But I've finally started on finishing up the last knights for my KoW army, I've got some Elven Cavalry to get done for Kings of War: Vanguard and some Aussies. That I still haven't finished. I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment