Tuesday 12 May 2020

Pooch's April Update

Wow, April was LOONY. Lockdown, work was crazy, working from home and everything else that was going on.

And I am massively delayed in getting this blog post up, so sorry for that. But, I did lots of painting and preparation, so that makes up for it right?

1. Paint a Kings of War Army- In progress!
This month was pretty monumental in making progress onto finishing the goblins. Excitingly, this month also was the start of me basing them too. I used one of the Green Stuff world rollers, and a variety of other pieces to make the bases.

I am ridiculously happy with the finished product, here is my first legion of Goblins.:

The legion base, fully painted.

The base, loaded with Goblins

Close up on the 3d printed Dwarf statue
More pictures next month, when I have hopefully finished the whole army......

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game

No progress, I looked at the packets of terrain I had to build, and then promptly put it at the bottom of the queue. I bought some more stuff to add to it tho.... so that counts as progress?

3. Complete the 6mm Apocalypse Challenge- In progress!
Well, another month, and again, I finished up the 6mm in the first few days. I mean, finishing it on day 3 was slow for me!

This month it is 3 Leman Russ, a third Hellhound, a Salamander Scout Vehicle (converted from a spare hull, and 3d printed crew), and a base of Rough Riders (who are ABSOLUTE TRASH).

This month's painting, I have been sure to remember to put them all in this time!

Close up of my converted Salamander Scout Vehicle

Oh, and I repainted the Valkyrie objective, and finished up a wrecked Warlord Titan head from Adeptus Titanicus!

And that's 200 PL of Imperial Guard!

But then McZ said "why don't we just paint another 50 PL? And so I did:

"It's a Baneblade!"

4. Run a narrative campaign for the group

Planning is well underway, but the whole lockdown thing means that no progress so far.

5. Add a new detachment to one of my 40k armies (In progress!)

Add to the Death Guard? Nope!

Add to the Krieg? Nope!

Add to the Storm Lords? Absolutely.

And here is the first model completed for it, a Space Marine Lieutenant. Made from a spare Space Marine hero, with parts out of my bits box. And a beaky helmet, because it is known that they are the coolest. It's missing a tuft from the base, but I am short on stock (and can't remember which tuft it is that I need to order!)





6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it

Nothing further here, I haven't seen a starter box that tempts me. Any ideas?


7. Paint a Space Marine Heroes Series (In progress)

Wait, more progress here too? I managed to get my hands on 8 of the Space Marine Heroes Series 3 blind boxes, in the hope that I would get one of each of the six different variant models. I got 5 of the 6. Damnit!

Still, I painted the 5 I did get, while I wait for the 6th to arrive from eBay....


The completed 5- more yellowy in this photo than in person!

Nurgling along for the ride doing some flailing

8. Update a 15mm Napoleonic army for Blackpowder


Nothing further here.... Not even the lockdown could make me start this one yet!

9. Paint a stand alone force- DONE (again)

I have two young kids, therefore Frozen is a feature of my household. Last year I bought myself some figures to make a Frostgrave warband, loosely based off the movie Frozen. And in lockdown, I finally actually did something about it!

The whole warband!

The infantry- Fireforge Scandianvians
The unique infantry- Priest, Marksman, Ranger, Barbarian, Thief. All potential RPG characters for me, who have now found a home!

The main characters, and two very large dogs!

Elsa and Anna, who got a new ice sword to match the one she got in the second movie.
And Olaf, in the sculpting stage

And painted!
10. Update and improve a table of terrain- DONE

The Wild West town of Whisper Creek has slowly been expanding over the past couple of years as I add more and more of the exceptional 4ground models into my collection. At the start of lockdown I had a bunch of boxes of kits staring at me, and they had been staring at me for the better part of a year (if not two!), so over Easter I built everything I had to do for my Wild West town!

Here are some snapshots of two of the most impressive parts of that, the Sassy Gal Saloon, and the passenger train.

Three stories of awesome

Leadlight windows!

Interior detail!

Stairs!
Yes, you can do circles in laser cut MDF!



This is a big locomotive, and was a complex build

Carriages!
I will be getting all of this out onto the table for the narrative campaign (whenever we are both able to run it, and can schedule it in!), so will make sure to have some much better pictures then.

11. Paint a Flames of War Army (In progress)

A short update on my US paras. Basically it amounts to SIX new infantry stands painted. Not exactly monumental, but progress none the less. The issue is waiting for more models to arrive!

No new picture, because they look EXACTLY the same as the ones you saw last month....

12. Finish what I should have finished last year- DONE (again)

This one is some more 15mm vehicles, 3 Panthers in fact which I was meant to have done for the DDay game we had last year. Nice and simple!



And that's it, May will be equally big, I promise!

Pooch
Remember to wash your hands, Morty is watching.....

No comments:

Post a Comment