Monday 29 June 2020

Pooch's May Update- Goblin KoW Army!

I'm not sure where May, or even June got to. So this post is ridiculously late, and I'll do my best to return to the 'old ways' of doing a post as close as I can to the end of the month.

But, in May I finished up my Goblin Kings of War army, so figured that I would at least share the pictures of that with you!

1. Paint a Kings of War Army- FINISHED
This goblin army was made up of miniatures almost solely provided by Games Workshop, and put onto bases made using a Greenstuff world roller and Miliput, and differing rocks and other things to make it feel like a ruined dwarf hold. I am really, really happy with how it has all come together in terms of the colours and the basing- between the Krieg and these I am really proving to myself how good I can make my least favourite part of the hobby (basing) look when I put in actual effort!

Finishing up the goblins was my real lockdown project win, I really am not sure how I would have got it done if I wasn't in that "well, I have nothing else to do" mode!

Even better from my perspective is that I have now played a couple of games with it, and have really enjoyed it! I think KoW is absolutely going to be in our regular game rotation from now on.

Anyway, onto the army!


The whole army in it's storage container

Can't have a goblin army without some sharpsticks!
And by that I mean a lot of sharpsticks!
And some rabble..... (squig to come soon!)
And a horde of spitters (archers) too
And a wee regiment of spitters
Rounding out my infantry is a unit of Luggits (fanatics!)

My squig herd
Another view of the herd
A horde of squig riders!
TWO hordes of squig riders!
Giant Squigs (count as mincer chariot regiment)



Front view, note the poor snotling!
Can't have a goblin army without some trolls....
A goblin got a bit close....

Giant troll!

No self respecting goblin would forget their artillery- Mawpup launcher, Doom Diver and War Trombone

My 'combat' characters- Goblin King, Flaggit and Sneak

Mounted Characters- Big Boss and Shaman

Two wizards on either side, and a Banggit

And my favourite, the Flying Squig!

Front view!
And that's it, on to June!

Pooch
Remember to wash your hands, Morty is watching.....

No comments:

Post a Comment