Saturday 30 July 2022

Grenadiers, done!

 Finally! One photo, simply to prove that it's finished!

 So this is three 9-stand rifle platoons and the rest of the HQ done. I have enough bits lying around I could probably rustle up another platoon HQ and make up effectively a fourth seven stand platoon - mostly likely to be used as Volksgrenadier scouts, if I want them. 

On another exciting note, Blogger Pel picked up the mid-war para card decks and shipped me the Italian ones and Pooch the American ones. With that in mind, I dug out my European-uniformed Italian paras and had a poke around about whether or not I can make a list. The answer is yes! 

 This answers my ponderance of last week about what my platoon-a-month for August will be - I'll be reuniforming the crew on my Semovente 90s, repainting my Semovente 47s from yellow to the same camo as the 90s (ahistorical, but it looks awesome) and getting some flamethrowers into my Paracadutisti platoons. Assuming, of course, I can work out how the hell I did it the first time.  The whole army needs rebasing (becuase it's UGLY) but that'll come later.

More Renaissance?

I have done a bit more work on the ADLG-R. Finishing that first Tercio has definitely given me the motivation to get moving on it. So with that in mind, I did the three bases of caracoling carabiniers:

I kind of went to town and bent and reposed most of the pistol arms. I really like the change and the Khurasan sculpts lent themselves really well to this very simple improvement. I'll start on the mounted arquebuses next and actually base the generals and other bits and bobs I've painted.

Next Time

I'm booked in for our first club day in August to play blogger Scotty's mid-war Hungarians and I have to get the Semoventes redone so they're priority one. Then I might crack into some of the 28mm things in the pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment