Saturday 9 July 2022

Pile. Games. Stuff.

More off the pile

I've cleared a couple more outstanding tasks in a week where I didn't really feel like painting a lot. I started finishing up some tiny Knight Moiraxes for Adeptus Titanicus. I bought these for a lol and they're so cute. They'll go super well with my other House Hyboras knights. 

Teeny Moiraxes!

I also carried on with the grind of painting my ADLG-R Spanish with the third General base.


General Numero Tres

 I've also started on the Pistoliers (having painted all their horses) and have AMAZINGLY started on the first Tercio. They're gonna take me ages since keeping them classy but un-uniform is very hard.

I'm also thinking I should photograph the entire pile at some stage. This desk needs to be heaps cleaner than it is!

Club Day

Flames of War

I had a couple of great games at the club yesterday. First, a game of Late War Flames with Blogger Scotty trying out a new Hungarian list and we tried out the new Valley of Death mission from the new Flames Mission Pack (quick aside, it's a vast improvement on it's predecessor and much more playable for the defender.)

Admire Scotty's lovely Tigers

 This is about turn five where I still had no reserves and had one hilarious turn bailing out Tigers frontally with StuGs but missing the all important kills. I had a couple of very poor rounds of MG shooting at all that infantry too and they eventually shoved my infantry and all my StuGs off both objectives. It's a good list and while I keep trying with StuGs, I just can't make a list I don't hate.

Silver Bayonet

We settled down after lunch to a four player game of Silver Bayonet as Scotty, Tank and I introduced a new player to the stupidity that is this game. 

We played Loup-Garou Surprise which worked out really well for four players with really only adding another Werewolf to really get the scenario to sing. 

It was a pretty cagey start by all four of us:

That's turn 2 when we were taking long range pot-shots across the centre with a few firing sideways at our respective neighbours. It's also about when my opponents worked out that my historical ploy of trying to pick them off one at a time (it was very French of me) and my old standby of "fight me you coward" didn't work as well as I had previously found!


By turn 3, I had taken out the neighbouring British Highlander, again, after he had a nasty run in with my Heavy Cavalryman before a Vivandiere snuck up behind him and absolutely middled him in the back of the head. She was rudely gunned down by a British doctor (I know medicine in the 19th century was ropey but WtF?!) and didn't survive the battle.

This last pic is where the game ended up:

You can see all the death, especially the remnant on the melee in the centre that is in the previous photo. Two of us limped off with half our warbands intact, the other two not so much as their last two models got into a firefight and it was a question of who hit first! (Spoiler - the Spanish Irregular hiding in a forest had the upper hand.)

I'm mostly just stoked that Georg Bitterlich, Wurtemburger and now Highlander AND Doctor Slayer (after he ran down Tank's Doctor Theopolous) is still going. Scotty and Tank have both put a target on his back now, just to upset me. 

Next Time

I'm playing in a mid-war doubles event next weekend so my post will be a day late but should be a run down on how Tank and I get on plus whatever exciting I get done this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment