Sunday 6 September 2020

Pooch's August Update

And with that, August is done too. Jeepers this year is odd.....

But still, progress continues! This month was a bit of a bitsy one, finishing up some things, and getting things prepped for future months. Still finished some things tho...


1. Paint a Kings of War Army- DONE
I finished up my Goblin Army a few months back, but actually had a couple more figures on back order. The Mollog's mob box was stuck in COVID related delays for months, so much so that I had mostly forgotten I had ordered it! 

A bit of paint later, and voila! Another Squig for my units (I was short one), and a Troll Boss (who my army obviously needed).

Flying Squig and Mollog

And now the Goblin army is totally done!

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game- In progress!
Still no further progress.... I really should fix that!

3. Complete the 6mm Apocalypse Challenge- In progress!
I've been a little light on inspiration of late, so when I spotted that Kapiti Hobbies had a box of Acastus Knight Porphyrion in stock, I couldn't resist the opportunity! It helped a lot that I had just sold some models, so the shared bank account was none the wiser either.....

One Acastus is 38 points, so I finished up yet another Leman Russ, this time an Executioner. The turret was 3d printed, and looks fantastic. 

Porphyrion and friend

Little wee Leman Russ....

Next month? Well, the box did have two Acastus in it.... But I have no clue what I'll do for the other 12 points! 

4. Run a narrative campaign for the group- not started

With the kids starting sport on Saturdays, it means that  I haven't been to the club in a while. I still have a plan, just haven't had the chance to action it.

5. Add a new detachment to one of my 40k armies- DONE (but ongoing)

More progress! Two Scouts ready to jump out of the Landspeeder Storm. One with a Heavy Bolter, one with a shotgun. Bases 3d printed, and heads were again supplied by Anvil Industries, because even in the grimdark future, you still need to wear a helmet.

Two scouts! 

And with their transport 

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it- Some progress

Some progress made here, but it continues to be a secret.

7. Paint a Space Marine Heroes Series- DONE

8. Update a 15mm Napoleonic army for Blackpowder- not even started!

Er. Still nothing here..... I should probably make a start on it, eek!

9. Paint a stand alone force- DONE

1
0. Update and improve a table of terrain- DONE

11. Paint a Flames of War Army (In progress)

Progress on this one! And maybe, could call it a completed army? I painted up 5 76mm Shermans from Plastic Soldier Company. They aren't as nice to assemble as the Battlefront Shermans, but they look good now that they are fully painted.

5 76mm Shermans 

Another angle on 5 76mm Shermans!

With that, I now have my 80 point list all painted, which I will be taking to Flamescon in Auckland next month (lockdown willing!). I'd still like to finish up my 3rd Para platoon, and paint some 75mm guns before I call this one "finished" however....

The whole army as it stands...

12. Finish what I should have finished last year- DONE

And that's it, on to September!

Pooch
Morty is cautiously optimistic about the progress that has been made...

No comments:

Post a Comment