Friday 29 June 2018

Building Azrael - Part 1

You heard it right folks, I’m abandoning my Deathwatch in order to start playing Dark Angels.

...
...

Not really. In fact, I’ve started building a model plane for the first time since 1990-cough. This is a Minicraft Model Kits 1/144 scale AC-130. Why? I hear you ask? Because! I answer, stupidly. I’ll be honest, I love the A10 Warthog. It’s silly. But when I discovered a 1/144 scale Spooky was out there, I had to use that for my TY air support. I reckon that the firepower coming out of the port side of an AC-130 is at least as ridiculous as two GAU-8s.

Azrael was an AC-130A, used in Vietnam. I’ll be building mine as an AC-130H, with a full armament of 2 20mm Vulcan cannons, a 40mm Bofors and the silliest of all, a 105mm howitzer! I’ll probably still use the sweet Azrael decal though. I’m not giving that gem away and looking sweet is a legit reason to do anything!


I didn’t enjoy prepping the holes in the fuselage for all the weapon mounts. Getting a clean edge was challenging at best and I’m still not super happy with how they came out but I think a bit of careful filing and scalpel work and I can clean up the worst of it.



I am going to have to green stuff a few seams and now that I've got the fuselage assembled and here, reader, is where I leave you until next time.




No comments:

Post a Comment