Saturday 22 September 2018

For the Emperor!

So, Pelarel picked up Wrath and Glory, the new 40k RPG, on RPG day so we're going to play through the canned adventure in a couple of weeks time. We had a look at the characters a month or so ago and I realised I had or could easily make five of the six characters. Wanting to play Inquisition in 40k tends to mean you do collect a fairly random collection of things...

With that in mind, here's the crew:


Sergeant Gael Harden of the Cadian Shock Troops.
I have a bunch of mostly assembled Cadians on my painting desk. Why this one? Sweet shades yo!  And it was a good chance to paint one up in a scheme that I thought I'd like (and I do) and now I'm quite looking forward to doing the other 34....


Battle Brother Trojon Kull of the White Scars
As I said a few weeks back when I put this dude together, I've wanted to do a Reiver for my Fortis Kill Team in 40k and he'll drop nicely into my DW Kill Team too. The skull helmets are an amazing little detail and I love how he towers over the Guardsman.


Commissar Victor(ia?) Linn of the Astra Militarum
Pooch really wanted to play the Commissar so picked up this sweet sweet model from the Start Collecting Astra Militarum box. I have one of these waiting to get done myself. The model isn't quite the one referenced by the game but who cares? It's too pretty not to use.

Pater Nemoris - Preacher of the Ecclesiastes
This was one of those 'I love this model, I'm buying it, I'll work out what to do with it later' type things. But the autogun and the giant book on a stick. Such an Imperial emblem.

Battle Sister Henna Orten of the Adepta Sororitas
This is one from Scotty's collection and it's definitely typical of GW miniatures of that generation. They really have some lovely character and touches - pulling the pin on the grenade with her teeth? Epic.


Lady Yrmilla Aleretta of the Inquisition
I picked this Crusader up off TradeMe missing it's left hand and shield. A bit of green stuff to repair the cloak hem and sleeve and a new hand and boom! Again, not a reflection of the Acolyte in the RPG but it has all the iconography and is slightly scary in a 'You! Is that Heresy I see?' kind of way.


And the obligatory 'before we go off on a quest' group shot:
Go Team What Could Possibly Go Wrong? 


I have a couple of other little projects for my 40K army that are *nearly* done so will be here soon but not yet and I have just finished the assembly on my 45 point Team Yankee army for a local club event at the end of the year.

Next time:
Some Grey Knights, a tiny detachment of VERY elite troopers led by the Grand Master, Voldus himself, that will come to play with my Guardsman and a certain Inquisitor from the Ordo Hereticus *cough* Greyfax *cough*

No comments:

Post a Comment