Saturday 21 September 2019

September Workbench

Finished things! 
This is my first ever Leman Russ. And damn was it fun to put together and paint. It's a great kit. And, much to my delight, it even survived having the sponsons snapped off, taken apart and put back together once I realised I'd put the multimeltas on the wrong sides. Ugh.

It's an Eradicator, which is widely regarded as utter trash in game, but that muzzle break is basically the coolest thing on a tank ever. So I put kill markings on it. I had to fit a dozer blade on it because it's meant to be a kind of bunker assault tank and a dozer blade is most correct.

Works in Progress

I'm also midway through the last two vehicles I'll need for Maelstrom or Warpstorm or whatever the heck the thing I'm playing in at the end of October is called.

This is the lascannon Sentinel, who is the sergeant for the squadron of Sentinels I'll be fielding. They're kind of terrible but they a) look amazing and b) at some point I will ripple fire Hunter-killer missiles at something. It won't go well, but the mental picture will be awesome!

This is my second Leman Russ - with ALL the plasma. It should be fun. Or terrible. I can't decide. But I will have a Tech Priest Engineseer following it around fixing it up after my inevitable rolling of loads of ones.

I have also acquired a second-hand Basilisk. It's in pretty good nick and will definitely work for me. I've already removed the commanders hatch and patched the gap in the heavy bolter. I'll replace the hatch with a new one and add the necessary heavy stubber that goes on ALL cupolas.


The rails off the back are completely gone, as is the ladder. Blogger Pooch is hooking me up with the back rails off his Hydra that he hasn't used and a ladder as well and I've got all the bits to make up some crew. I'm also going to put a rear facing dozer blade on it because it's an SPG and an SPG should have a recoil spade.

Next Time
Blogger Pel and I have tentatively scheduled our first proper game of Zone Raiders so I'll batrep that and add a few thoughts about the game - especially with list building being a thing we need to do.

My first couple of read throughs of the full rules have been really positive and the gaps that have been filled from the demo version we played look REALLY cool. A game that has asymmetric missions to set completely different sets of mission objectives for each player is super cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment