Sunday 3 November 2019

Pooch's October update

Not entirely sure how another month has already gone past.... but there it is. Did I paint things?

You bet I did!

1. Paint a new 40k army (On track)
Since I finished the last of the infantry last month, this month was the first batch of tanks. I have.... many tanks to get through!

This batch of tanks includes two of the old metal Griffon tanks, recrewed with Death Korps mortar gunners. I got them cheap off the local trading facebook page, which I was super stoked with. The Griffon itself is basically awful, but the model totally suited the trench warfare aesthetic. Likely these will be used as Wyverns in game terms.
Looking cool!

And a better shot of the internal with the crew and stowage
But that's not it.

One of the weirder things that Forgeworld have produced is the Cyclops demolition vehicle. Simply put, it is a wee little remote controlled bomb, which hoons around and then blows up, like the Goliath or Bogward demolition carriers used by the Germans in WW2. I got it into my head that it was ideal that I had some for my trench warfare army, and what better to use as one than actually using a goliath?

Brooom broom BOOM!

A better shot to show the scenic bases
2. Create a table of terrain to support a game (Completed)

3. Make a modular piece of terrain (Not Done)
Errr.... still not done.... guess I had better hurry up with this given I have a couple of months to go!

4. Paint a naval fleet (Completed)

5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year, and take it to a tournament (Completed)

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it (Completed)

7. Paint every miniature for a game I own (Completed)

8. Paint a Space Marine Hero each month (On track)
No issues here with running close to the end of the month for this guy, and in fact finished two of them!

The first is one of the models from the Space Marine Adventures box, a cool as running figure with bolter slung and knife out. The second is the truly excellent plastic Chaplain figure, a suitably imposing and impressive model to inspire my Storm Lords to victory!

That running pose is so cool!

Slung bolter!
Is that it? Heck no! You might have seen this in McZ's narrative campaign update, but I also made a Drop Pod to kick the Storm Lords out of! So iconic for the Space Marine way of war, and it's a great kit to boot. Even buying it second hand it was nice to paint, and suitably easy to actually paint (flat panel white isn't my forte however).
Doors closed

Doors open! Had to put in the hazard stripes....


9. Paint a stand alone force (Completed)

10. Update and improve a table of terrain (Completed)

11. Paint something Napoleonic (Not done)
Ok, so I need to make some serious progress here too....

12. Finish something I should have last year (Completed)

Mortywatch!
Progress on Morty continues really well, so well in fact that he now has a head, and arms! Next month will be finishing him off. I am REALLY happy with how he is coming together....

Bad photo, great pose

He is biiiiiiiiiiiig

Next month? Finishing Morty! More Krieg tanks! Another Space Marine Hero (or two). I should probably make some progress on the two categories I haven't even started too....


No comments:

Post a Comment