Saturday 4 April 2020

Video games are the enemies of productivity!

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I picked up some of the releases from the Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures range and so I've been working on those for my Kings of War Brotherhood Order of the Green Lady army. I've always wanted this army to be more "European" than pure fantasy, given that it's based on my old Impetus Teutonic Order army so I've made some fun choices. 

I finished up a Stag, who'll be standing in for the Unicorn in the list. It's a quadruped. It has horns. It fits better to. It's a nice little model once the mould lines came off. 

And in my favourite purchase of the last little while, a Nolzur's Treant! This guy is going to be the Titan in this army, standing in for a Greater Earth Elemental. I watched a great video on YouTube, from Devious Dungeons Painting, about painting this Treant and adding the clump foliage and I love how it's coming together. I still need to do some work highlighting the beard, colour matching it to the foliage (once the glue dries....) and making up the base, but it's a great model and will fit in super well with the army.


And in other sweet news, Warlord Games have done some smaller Treemen for their Halfling range, so I'll be able to do the regular Earth Elementals as Treemen as well. Super happy about that.

I also got the Order of the Forsaken monstrous cavalry built, filled and based, ready for priming. 


I'm glad I split one off to be a hero on his own base as I'm not sure I could have fitted all three on a 120mm long base! 

The Stupid
I've been slowly prepping for month 4 of the Stupid. It's going to be a bit of slog this time around to really put a dent in the World Eaters. I might be being a bit sneaky and going over my 50PL for this month though. The chap in the bottom left corner is going to be Kharn the Betrayer, who clocks in at a cool 11 PL by himself. 


This month has made me wonder about the pointing in Apocalypse though. 10 Berserkers is 8 PL but a Rhino is 5PL. 5?? For a combi Bolter and a transport capacity. Pooch and I have been comparing this to something in his Month 3 release and we're both a bit....confused.

Next Time
I'll definitely finish up the Treeman because he's cool and then, honestly, I don't know. I'm really going to have to get onto the rest of the Knights from that army otherwise they'll never get done. And maybe getting into my Aussies. Although I'll have to stop playing video games if that's going to get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment