Saturday 25 June 2022

Trying to get some focus

So the year is half gone and I've got stuff all over the place that I've started and I really want to knock on the head. The to-do pile is getting noticeably smaller (I can nearly fit the whole thing on my painting desk!) but I'm not sure where I'm starting or what I'm doing with it so I figured I full catalogue of all the things would help me scope it and get to work on it since the best motivator is making a list.  But before we start on the list, I might have painted the last thing on it: a Beholder for Dungeons and Dragons. 

Readers who are in my regular RPG group might wonder why and my answer is no reason. No reason at all....

Small Stuff

ADLG-R

Early days yet but I have managed a couple of the mounted General bases and will probably have to get into the Tercios ASAP. 
 
To do:
  • 1 Tercio 2 Tercios
  • 4 Gendarmes
  • 3 Caracoling Pistoliers
  • 1 General
  • 3 LH and 2 Medium Cav Mounted Arquebusiers
And at some point I'll get the last little bit of the list, a Landsknecht Kiel and some baggage!

Flames of War / TY

This is looking much better, but with the release of the Flames of War Bulge book, it's likely to expand again once I can make a dent in the larger pile.

To do:

  • Greatcoat Grenadier platoon
  • SdKfz250 transports for one of about three or four Aufklarungs lists I want to run
  • Two AH-1 Cobra Attack Helicopters

Big Stuff

Silver Bayonet

This one is easy although I'm currently trying to resist the urge to buy a whole new French collection with some Perry French Camelry...

To dos:

  • Monsters: Changeling, Living Armour, Ghosts
  • 4 more Frenchmen

40K 

To dos:

  • 3 miscellaneous Deathwatch models (a Terminator, a Firstborn Marine and an Outrider)
  • 10 Tempestus Scions
  • Imperial Priest
  • Another (!) Inquisitor
  • 5 Grey Knight Terminators (that I still haven't gotten the paint off!)

I'm also expecting the release of the 9e Imperial Guard Codex some time in the next couple of months so that'll probably add a few new things to the pile as well. 

Necromunda

I'm keen to get back into some Necromunda later this year and I have a few bits and bobs to finish for that. One of the Gangers still needs building as I've been in a fight with a Forgeworld sawnoff for ages...

To dos:

  • 3 Redemptionists
  • 2 Cawdor Gangers
  • Stig Shambler

Kings of War

I probably just need to organise a game or two with a few weeks notice so I get off my butt and base my Ghosties army!  I know what I want to do, I just have to do it.

Miscellany

I've got a bunch of 28mm stuff sitting around for various things and reasons that I will eventually use for things and reasons...

To dos:

  • 11 random DnD characters for my limited palette set
  • 3 old Malifaux models for DracAm
  • 2 random Warmachine models I just want to paint
  • 2 mounted Elves - a Silver Helm and a Hero
  • Ogre Mage
  • Ogre
  • 1 Great Eagle 
  • 1 Beholder

 

So there's a lot to do for the rest of the year but I thought that documenting this pile would give me a the impetus to clear the deck. Let's see how we go eh?

Next Time

Some things off this list eh? I'd like to call back to this at the end of the year having struck through everything on this list and a few other things as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment