Saturday 23 February 2019

Aquila down!

More terrain is always better. Always. I've been tinkering away at a 40K / Kill Team / ruins table for ages and while there's still more work to do and a couple of things I'd really really like to add to it, it's a longer term project. One of the things I have wanted, for KT in particular is the Aquila Lander. I picked one up late last year and finally got around to painting it.


This piece annoyed me a touch as it's all hollow and without a base. And this bit has holes all through it. So I filled all the gaps in the windows and cracks with greenstuff and Vallejo plastic putty (OMG this stuff is amazing) and based it up. 

Of course, if you've seen this piece in the flesh you'll know it's also open at the back. Well, fixed: 



I banged in some plasticard and some green stuff to close up the gaps, fished some bits out of my basement and some bits from my bitz box and boom. Some major piping and some tanks and stuff on the back wall of the cockpit. Sensible? Not at all, but super easy. 




And those are the rest of the bits. It's a great little terrain kit and a good addition to my 40K collection. 

Next Time?

A grab bag of 15mm and 28mm models. Some HMMWVs, some miscellaneous 40K models and, we'll see. Also coming up in the next few weeks, Pelarel and I will be trying out the demo version of the recently completed Kickstarter of Zone Raiders. It looks like a really slimmed down version of Infinity and given that the complexity of that game always kicks me in the butt, I'm keen to give it a crack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment