Friday 1 March 2019

Pooch's February Update

I'm back, and this time, it's February.

1. Paint a new 40k Army- on track!

But wait, there is more progress here! I definitly got into the swing of painting Krieg, managing to finish up a Veteran Squad with three meltaguns and a heavy flamer, a Company Commander, a squad of three mortars, an Artillery Officer as well as a Destroyer Tank Hunter! 

The army as it stands

Company Commander

Mortars!

Heavy Flamer
 Conversions involved on most of the models, little hand or arm swaps to get the weapons I wanted, or to change from having a duplicate pose. All in all, I am really happy with how the army is shaping up.

Veterans with Shotguns!


The Destroyer was a trade page find, and is a tank I have always loved ever since there was an article about one in a White Dwarf many years ago. Plus, it has such a Jagdpanzer vibe that I can't but love it. McB provided a lovely base colour with the airbrush (so, so good) and I finished it from there.

No photo description available.
No photo description available.

And with that my Krieg army is a legal 400 point army! It is also pretty close to the worst imaginable 400 point army! I'd say I'll try to rectify that next month, but if you haven't already figured out, playability is low on my list of priorities.

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game- no progress (again)
Errr next month maybe?

3. Make a modular terrain piece- no progress (again)
I really don't know what I will do with this one just yet....

4. Paint a naval fleet- no progress 
I have plans to do this in March!

5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year and take it to a tournament- no progress
I have a new plan here, but it won't be till later in the year

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it- DONE
I had a few options for what to for this one. A Mighty Ape sale sealed it, and I bought the Gangs of Rome starter set. Part of the sales pitch was that I could add a few extras (Gladiators, dog, wizards) to have it as a Frostgrave band!

And, a sweet, sweet piece of Sarissa terrain too.
This is everyone!

This is the Temple, with the Oracle

Gladiators. One Warbanner, One Warlord Games.

Red Team!

Dog and Gaul throwing roof tiles

Blue team!


7. Paint every miniature for a game I own- DONE
Hey! I did another thing!

One of the games I have been trying to persuade others to play is the Batman Miniatures Game. It's a fun game, but I don't play it anywhere near enough to know all of the rules and that gets in the way of enjoying the game. That has never stopped me buying models, and it was time that I finished off the latest batch I had brought.

Lexx Luthor Crew in power armour

Enchantress!

My Joker Crew

The main man, Heath Ledger Joker

Harley Quinn
8. Paint a Space Marine each month- Done! 
"Brother, I am throwing a grenade"




9. Paint a stand alone force for a game- no progress

10. Update and improve a table of terrain- no progress

11. Paint something Napoleonic- no progress
Couple of sneaky ideas formulating however....

12. Finish what I should have finished last year- DONE x2!
What you should also know is that the list of things that I should have done last year is long, so I'm anticipating this one will be hit more times yet!

But, what I did finish was my Team Yankee Polish army. The biggest part of what I did this month was not the last bit of painting, it was putting decals on the many, many vehicles! 

I do like the army, it put in a great showing recently at Charicon too.
No photo description available.
This is all of the vehicles who needed decals
No photo description available.
Progression of wheeled vehicles


Image may contain: one or more people
And of course, the Helicopters. So many kudos to Battlefront for having the "don't touch the tail rotor" warning in Polish!

Next monthMore Krieg, boats and maybe terrain?

Till next time,
Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment