Saturday 2 March 2019

X-Force - 75% Loaded

Inquisitorial Acolytes

First off, one from the archive - a classic Necromunda Bounty Hunter.

This is a classic GW late 90s sculpt. I love the legs akimbo and a weapon in both hands. It's no classic Ragnar Blackmane but it is a cool model. I've given him camo pants in the same style as my Cadians for the lols and the classic red bolters that are a feature of my entire 40K bolter-wielding collection.


Secondly, a Death Korps of Krieg gunner, delightfully painted by our very own Pooch. He looks great and Pooch has painted him to fit very well with my own painting style. He'll add some much needed firepower to one of my retinues as well.

Commissar



GW's plug and play models are amazing and this one might be one of my favourites. The pose is amazing and the detail is stunning. I loved painting the piping more than anything and that's a weird sentence in and of itself. He'll be a nice splash of dark in amongst the green of the Cadians.

Tech Priest


I have some Servitors that I picked up ages ago for grins and giggles and I decided (after reading the really fun comics that preceded the release of Wrath and Glory), as part of my Inquisitorial Task Force, I should have a tech priest.

He's a great model and I loved painting it. The servo-skull above his right shoulder is a bit fragile but overall, I'm super pleased.

Vindicare Assassin


Given my comments above about classic GW akimbo posing, I was glad to get hold of this alt-version of the Vindicare. He lacks the opportunity for colour that the other two I've done have, but he's still pretty sweet.

So now I have the metal sculpts for three of the four assassins (and am pursuing a lead on the fourth) then soon I will put the Assassin Execution Force on the table and it will be MAGNIFICENT. I'm actually really pleased with the errata that GW have released for the Assassins. Being able to effectively sideboard in whichever assassin suits my opponent is a really nice idea for matched play.

Next Time
The second best throne in the Imperium. I'll let you figure out what that is....

No comments:

Post a Comment