Saturday 13 July 2019

Finishing touches? Not so much.

And while this goes up on Sunday, I'm writing it Friday since I'll be playing Team Yankee all weekend!

I have actually done some stuff this week but it hasn't been all that productive.


My heavy platoon is a perfect example of doing it wrong. I should be fielding many many mortars. But that's lame. And I love the Cadian lascannons. So MOAR LASCANNONS! It was a tough call not to roll out more autocannons but I have a plan for that. 

I've also sorted out the nose instrumentation of my Valkyrie thanks to a busted up Chimera comms array I found in my bits box. It just sort of completes the model. 


I did the base as well, which I hadn't done. On Pooch's advice, I've painted the stand black and I think I like it better than clear. 


Bonus Inquisitor!
I was doing a bit of repair work on this guy after he was attacked by a large ginger daemon that lives in my house and I realised I'd never posted him up here.


This was my first Inquisitor that I cobbled together out of a Grey Knight Paladin and some bits from the Deathwatch upgrade sprue. The hooded head just really makes it look awesome. Also, plain old humans in Terminator armour are REALLY bad. So I'm going to build another one. I think the next one will be swinging the hammer in both hands. Then I can field a detachment of Inquisitors with Hammers. And that will be cool.

Next time
I'll finish up the heavy platoon and put together a quick write up of the TY event with some photos. There look to be some interesting armies coming for it so I'll try and take some decent pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment