Thursday 4 July 2019

Pooch’s June update

What? June is gone? We are halfway through the year?

Yikes.

1. Paint a new 40k army

I had visions of painting more Krieg infantry but instead I painted up a series of psykers- a Primaris Psyker and 3 Wyrdvanes with their handler.

The Psykers all got simple greenstuff masks, which just helps them feel more Krieg-y.

As for the handler, I have actually had this idea built since like... January. After the desolation of the Krieg civil war, it fit for me that they would be extra hateful and skeptical of anything that could fall under the sway of the dark gods, so Psykers would have “minders”. In game terms, he is a fourth Wyrdvane.





2. Create a table of terrain to support a new game
Did this in March!

3. Make a modular terrain piece
I haven’t given this any thought, probably should?

4. Paint a Naval Fleet
Done! Did it in March

5. Finish something for an army I haven’t used in a year and take it to a tournament
On track to have this done for next month!

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it
Did this one back in February

7. Paint every miniature for a game I own
Did this one too!

8. Paint a Space Marine Hero each month
On track here too, with another one painted. This one has the squad’s special weapon, a Plasmagun!

So that is six Space Marines, for six months so far....






9. Paint a stand-alone force
Did this one last month!

10. Update and improve a table of terrain
Working on this one at the moment, will be done for next month!

11. Paint something napoleonic
No further progress on this one, it’s firmly on the back burner. I mean, technically I have done it with the unit I have painted, but I feel like that doesn’t count...

12. Finish what I should have last year
Only one of these left, and I haven’t touched it since last year. Maybe next month?

So that means half way through the year, I have finished 5, with 2 in progress for July, 2 which are on track for the year and the rest I haven’t done much with. All in all, not bad!

But now it is time for  Mortywatch!

I have completed the build, and the painting of the first sub assembly. And I am loving it!

Add caption


Next month, more Krieg, a couple more categories done and more progress on Morty.

I hope....

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment