Saturday 31 August 2019

Pooch's August Update

Wait, an update actually on time on the last day of the month? Madness.

Statistically speaking it was probably going to happen once....

1. Paint a new 40k Army (On track)
Well, another month, another lot of Krieg got finished. This time there were three Autocannon teams, two Sentinels, a Hellhound and the second in my Execution Force!

Once again I am super thankful for some of the other club members both having an airbrush, and being competent with it. It's making the dull grey much more lively than it's name suggests! Anyway, on to what I got done...

Hellhound. It's the forgeworld Artemia pattern hellhound, and it's flipping gorgeous.

Two sentinels, each with a Heavy Flamer and a Hunter-Killer. So, so awful. Fun tho!

Autocannons. Made using normal Krieg models, plus scavenged autocannons, Anvil Industries tripods and some spare arms from Krieg Tank gunners for the firing models

And another angle on them

The smiling skull face of the Eversor Assassin. 2 of 4 assassins done!
2. Create a table of terrain to support a new game (Completed)

3. Make a modular terrain piece (Not done)
I think I have a plan for this now. Not that I have done any work or anything beyond the plan on it tho!

4. Paint a naval fleet (Completed)

5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year, and take it to a tournament (Completed)

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it (Completed)

7. Paint every miniature for a game I own (Completed)

8. Paint a Space Marine Hero each month (On track)
Another month rolls around, and another Space Marine Hero got done! This time it's the Sergeant of the squad, armed with a chainsword and a grav pistol.

Dramatic pose is dramatic

Chainswords. Because practicality is not an important attribute in the 41st millenium

But not only did I complete the Sergeant, I also finished up a Space Marine Librarian for the Storm Lords too! This model basically came about because I wanted to play with the new Games Workshop contrast paints over metallics, before I used them in a commission. The recipie I used was a black undercoat, followed by Leadbelcher, then Necron Compound drybrush. And then gave it a good coat of the contrast paint Talassar Blue.

And that's it. And I really, really like how it came out. Which means I have DEFINITELY followed a similar method for the commission piece.

Space Wizard!

More Space Wizard!

The back of a Space Wizard!

9. Paint a stand alone force (Completed)

10. Update and improve a table of terrain (Completed)

11. Paint something Napoleonic (Not done)
I've got a plan (or two). Not actioned yet!

12. Finish what I should have last year (Completed)

Mortywatch
Pretty simple one this month. Remember how last month I did half of the back of Morty? I did the other half this month.

I am liking the purple/off white/brown combo

Probably could do with some anti-bacterial wash after holding him....
So that's it, another month gone. Next month? I only have 10 Krieg to go. I really should finish them off. And maybe crank my way through a few more of the vehicles? Not sure if I will pick much more up for myself, I have a few commissions to knock off this month too.

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment