Tuesday 31 December 2019

Pooch's goals for 2020

Well, 2019 is done and with the success of keeping some sort of record of what I was doing, I'm going to do it again this year.

So what are the 12 goals then?

1. Paint a Kings of War Army

The rest of the guys have got, or are working towards a Kings of War army. Now that I have two fully completed 40k armies, it only makes sense for me to make my long term project for the year completing a cool as fantasy army. I have an evil scheme, but you will have to wait till the end of January to find out what!

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game

I need to get better at having terrain. Therefore I am carrying this one over from last year so that I keep making more.

3. Complete the 6mm Apocalypse Challenge

McZ has already laid down the rules for this one, and I actually have my first.... 4 months prepped I think?

Since McZ has shown what he is aiming for in the first month, seems rude to not do the same?

4 Leman Russ. Because... it's Apocalypse, and they are awesome.

4. Run a narrative campaign for the group


We had an absolute blast playing in the 40k narrative campaign, and importantly for me, it got me out playing games. So, I want to do that too!

There are a few options, Dracula's America could be cool, as would the Walking Dead or Necromunda. Watch this space!

5. Add a new detachment to one of my 40k armies

Don't know what this will be, but I do know there are lots of cool things dropping for 40k at the moment, so I am making sure I have some flexibility to add to the armies I already have....

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it

That one was fun this year- let's do it again!

7. Paint a Space Marine Heroes Series

"But Pooch..." I hear you cry, "...you didn't like painting Storm Lords".

Apparently finishing them gave me a new perspective. There are two other series of Space Marine Heroes, one comprised of Terminators, one comprised of Death Guard. Not sure which I will do, because both of them are pretty awesome. This one won't be a monthly challenge this time however!

8. Update a 15mm Napoleonic army for Blackpowder

A couple of us at the club have large 15mm Napoleonic armies, which haven't been used in a year or so. We had a test game of 15mm Blackpowder, and it was really enjoyable- so much so that I am keen to add the extra models and things I need to complete my armies for it. It's mostly command stands and things. It'll either be French or British- not sure which.

9. Paint a stand alone force

There is something really nice about having a force that is done. No more units to add, no more organic growth (so the exact opposite of my Krieg army). I'd like to do another of these, and perhaps use them as a painting experiment with new techniques?

10. Update and improve a table of terrain

Again with the terrain. I need more terrain, because terrain makes tables look cool. Simple as that!

11. Play a game each month, and share a photo of it

The bulk of my hobby time is in painting and modelling- but I enjoy the gaming side of things too. So I'd like to do more of that, and putting it on this list will help me stay on track.

12. Finish what I should have finished last year

Believe it or not, there were still things from last year that I didn't manage to get done, for a variety of reasons. So, I want to get them done!

And that's it!

Pooch
Morty is watching.....


No comments:

Post a Comment