Thursday 30 January 2020

Pooch's January 2020 update

So, one month down- how did I get on?

1. Paint a Kings of War Army- In progress

The cat is out of the bag.... or more the Squig has escaped the cage!

It is with no small amount of excitement that I say that my Kings of War army is going to be Goblins. Small, sneaky, cowardly and hilarious, and a 'proper' fantasy army. Everything I could want in a Kings of War army.

January was pretty darn productive for them too, I managed to paint up the figures for my first three regiments, a warmachine and a couple of characters. No basing yet- I'm still waiting for some materials yet before I do that. Don't worry, I promise it will be worth the wait....

Goblins!

Flaggit (or Goblin with Flag)

Wiz (or Goblin with magic)

Sharpsticks (or Goblins with sharpsticks...)

Doom Diver! (or catapult for launching goblins. This one is pretty self explanatory)
I'll do some better photos once I have the bases done, which I think I will try to do in February.

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game

No progress.

3. Complete the 6mm Apocalypse Challenge- In progress!

As it turns out, painting 4 6mm Leman Russ was not hard.

At all.

In fact I finished all 4 of them on the 1st of January......

4 Leman Russ. The one with the white stripe is the Tank Ace

And this is all the 6mm I have painted so far!


Next up?

Mechanised infantry!
4. Run a narrative campaign for the group

Some planning, but no progress.

5. Add a new detachment to one of my 40k armies

I may have sorted this one out.....but no hints just yet.

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it

No plans here yet- I'll wait to see if anything takes my eye!

7. Paint a Space Marine Heroes Series

No progress here

8. Update a 15mm Napoleonic army for Blackpowder

Well, I decided between French and British by selling my British.... So it'll be French, and I have made no progress.

9. Paint a stand alone force- DONE

Hey, I did a thing!

This stand alone force is a Miyazaki Crew for Gaslands. Why Gaslands? Because Hot Wheels cars with machineguns is just cool.

I went with the "Bad guy from Tron" look (which I have also been informed is also Automan?)

The whole crew

Rocket buggy!

Motorbike!


10. Update and improve a table of terrain

A bit of progress here, but not done.

11. Play a game each month, and share a photo of it

I managed to play a few games this month- there was the Valleycon Team Yankee tournament where I ran 82nd Airborne, my first game of Necromunda and a game of Black Sails using my French fleet.

The honourable French fleet

The blockade of pesky piratical privateers

The French First Rate Ocean and a brig, increasing sails to run the blockade

The French frigate Hermione blasting through the blockade

A last ditch attempt to stop the Ocean- a boarding action which was resolutely repulsed

12. Finish what I should have finished last year

Some progress here, but not done.

And that's it!

Pooch
Remember, Morty is watching.....


No comments:

Post a Comment