Tuesday 3 December 2019

Pooch's November update!

Apparently now November is done? I am not really sure how that happened. At all.

November was a bit of a "get stuff done" month it seems, I managed at least make progress, if not finish up stuff from 7 of the 13 categories!

1. Paint a new 40k army (On track)
In the latest White Dwarf there was the rules for Inquisitors. And I had the starter for an Inquisitorial retinue lurking in my "I'll do something with this one day" box. And then GW went and released the awesome looking models in the Blackstone Fortress Escalation box. And then I thought "this would be cool to throw in that Chimera that I hadn't thought of a plan to do something with".

And so.... Inqusitorial Retinue!
The Inqusitorial part of the retinue.....

The guard part of the retinue....

The mechanicum component

And another angle on them- I swapped the grav gun on the servitor for a much more industrial heavy stubber

And their sweet ride, a Chimera will all of the bolters!
One of the other things that has been staring me in the face unfinished for like.... 6 months I think? is a Valkyrie/Vendetta to carry my Stormtroopers around in. I got two of these in a good buy/sell deal a while ago, finished the base for it like... 3 months ago and then have promptly left it untouched since then.

So this month I had a burst of enthusiasm, and finished up the magnetising of weapons to switch between a Vendetta (six lascannons!) and a Valkyrie (one lascannon, many missiles) and have it a pretty simple paint job. I liked the idea of it being a plain grey workhorse of an aircraft, but, since it's Krieg (or more accurately, it's GW) I added skulls.

Plane!

Oh, hello lascannons
Magnetised weapon options. Note, more lascannons.

And a close up of the bloat drone on the base

2. Create a table of terrain to support a game (Completed)

3. Make a modular piece of terrain- DONE!
Ok so an admission for this one- I had one plan for what I was going to do for this one, and then one of our group got himself a resin 3d printer. And printed me a Valkyrie, and some Imperial Guard in 6mm. But the Valkyrie broke on the tail.

So.... combine the two and you have a cool little piece of terrain!

Bit of a difference to the one pictured up above! Also note the few dead cadians beside it.... 3d printing is so cool

Splat.....
Suffice to say, we are all incredibly impressed by the capability of the 3d printer, and are now all plotting and scheming how we can best use it in different projects!

4. Paint a naval fleet (Completed)

5. Finish something for an army I haven't used in a year, and take it to a tournament (Completed)

6. Buy a starter box and paint all of it (Completed)
This one was a total magpie purchase by me. Games Workshop selling a 40k aerial dogfighting game? Yea, that sounds like me.

So naturally I bought the Aeronautica Imperialis starter box, and managed to get it all painted up too! Getting these painted corresponded with me having more of a play with contrast paints, so the core paint colours on both the Imperials and the Orks were done by contrast.

I haven't managed a game yet, but the wider crew love it (there is much noise when the games are played) which can only be a good thing (unless you are playing a super serious game nearby on a club day....)

Purple Imperials

Orange Orks


7. Paint every miniature for a game I own (Completed)

8. Paint a Space Marine Hero each month (On track)
Ugh. I am feeling quite sick of painting Storm Lords. Maybe I should't have painted as many of them last month?

Regardless, another Space Marine, this time he has a flamer! This finishes up the Space Marine adventures box, which reminds me that I should actually look at that game now and see what it is like. And it leaves just one more month for me to paint Storm Lords, which I am really excited by, because I am bored of painting Storm Lords.




9. Paint a stand alone force (Completed)
Hey look, it's a greek army! I have always liked the look of a Greek army, and this represents the.... fourth? time I have attempted to make a 28mm Greek army. Every other time I have painted a few things, maybe a base or two, and then become immensely demotivated at the prospect of finishing up another 60+ Hoplites.

This army is based for the Mortal Gods ruleset produced by Footsore Miniatures. It's a pseudo-skirmish ruleset, based around individual units, as well as unit bases of 3 models. We have now played a few games of it, and while I don't think we quite got the points value right, it feels like a game which we are going to enjoy playing. And that's even before you mention the upcoming Mythic rules adaptation....

The force is an Athenian one, so naturally the Little Big Man Studios shield transfers I used all had to be nautical themed! This one was almost not done in time for the end of November, I was a bit late in ordering the shield transfers, but the magic of the postal system came through for me!

The phalanx of hoplites. LBMS shield transfers are AWESOME

The heroes and single characters of the force

Skirmishers with javelins

Skirmishers with Slings, and Athenian Marines with bows

One of my generals hanging out in the half finished temple

10. Update and improve a table of terrain (Completed)


11. Paint something Napoleonic (In progress)
Remember how last month I was like "I might buy ships. Ships could be cool".

Yea.... I may have bought a French fleet for Black Sails.

Boats!

I am going to do rigging on them, because it looks so flipping good and I've got a good number more to finish em up next month....

12. Finish something I should have last year (Completed)

Mortywatch!
And saving the best for last.

MORTY IS FINISHED.
Here he is in all his glory!

What a cute and cuddly face....

Wings!

Next month? Jeepers, I had better finish up my Krieg, another Space Marine and those Napoleonic French ships..... Beyond that? Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment