Saturday 19 June 2021

Elefants, wasps and PaK 40s....oh my!

 Something Done

I finished the painting and basing of my greatcoated PaK 40s this week. They've been sitting mostly done for ages and it seemed like it was thing I should just crack on with. 

Much to my chagrin, I have carefully packed away my weathering powder and I can't work out where I carefully packed it away to. I have a horrible feeling it's fallen down behind the bookshelf (so not carefully packed away) which will be an absolute pain to recover. But I will and when I do the helmets and gunshields will get a bit of a whitewash.

Works in Progress

FOUR ELEFANTS!  

Seriously though, four Elefants is DUMB and I love it. I've cleaned the snow off the 5th one with all his carefully applied Zimmerit and tidied up the colour and I'm really happy with how it's come up. Should blend in nicely. These four are a slightly newer (or different) sculpt to my original but not so much as you'd notice.

 Wespes are coming along too, with the crew being painted separately.

The crew has a rough base coat on it at the mo and that's it so they'll be a wee way away but I'm doing those with the crew of the truly hateful SdKfz 7/2 kit that's been assembled (and my fingers glued to things too) so making pretty good progress for the Panzershreck army, given that the event is only about a month away, I kind of need to get on with it!

Next Time

Club day. No idea what I'm doing but I'm going to *actually* try and take enough photos of whatever it is to write up a proper game report. Feels like a while since I've done that. I've also got a nice chap in the USA chasing down my foliage order so with a bit of luck, that might turn up and I'll be able to properly finish all these things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment