Saturday 7 May 2022

Hetzers gonna hetz!

 It's an extra week between club days at the mo so a slightly more productive week for a change, and I decided to skip out on doing 1:1 

Platoon a Month

Turrets are for chumps! 

Our annual club competition is coming up in a month and so I thought I should get my A into G and finish my army. I've been running a fun little Jagdpanzer IV/70 force for a while in Late War and I really like it but I had found the very pricey StuG G platoon to be a bit on the lacklustre side so I've swapped it out for this platoon of Hetzers.

I love me a Hetzer and it's a delightful little kit from BF. They've painted up well, even when I screwed up my normal order of operations for painting Middlestone. From a distance, I can't tell which makes me happy enough. 

Silver Bayonet

 I've continued working on my French for Silver Bayonet. I'm really enjoying painting these - the Perry 'Retreat from Moscow' range is really characterful and is making for a great set of models for Silver Bayonet.

On the left, Caporal-chef Leo de Sainte-Pierre, an Engineer of the Guard, and on the right, Frere Bastien Auberjonois, my Occultist. I'm kind of just pretending he's a civilian given the paucity of obvious soldieryness but I like the idea that the eagle he's carrying is more wizard staff than regimental standard!

The next couple are more of the regular infantry. On the left, a Voltigeur of the Legion Portugaise, Joachim do Rosario and to his right Fusilier Maxime Boulangere.

 I'm still thinking on basing, but I suspect it'll be some snow-covered tufts and snow or I'll do some spring grass and a little bit of snow like I've done for a bunch of my Frostgrave wizgangs.

 Next Time

Okay, it's next time the Teutons are out for a run. Derp. So that'll be next time along with the ongoing push that is getting my Silver Bayonet French done. I've also got a couple of other 15mm Flames / TY models to do so given I'm ahead of my platoon a month for a change, I might get those knocked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment