Saturday 14 May 2022

Into the valley of the shadow of Death walked some dismounted cavalry...

 ...and that went badly for them!

Silver Bayonet

On the left, my Guardsman Emmanuel Pasquier, a dismounted Dragoon of the Garde Imperiale, and next to him the dismounted Heavy Cavalryman, Carabinier Sylvan de la Place. The Carabinier was the model that convinced me getting this range of Perry models was a good idea and I love how it's come up.  

And on the lighter end, a Light Cavalryman Hussar, Olivier Cheveaux and my Vivandiere Elodie de Guignes. I picked up an entire pack of wounded and civilians just for that Vivandiere model

Elodie turned out to be the MVP of my first game of SB (of which I took ZERO photos because the game was SO MUCH FUN!) when she single-handedly killed two goblins - the only two that went down in a three-player game between bloggers Tank, Pooch and I.

Team Yankee

The last Bradley: 

Just to prove that it's done! :) I've also finally finished arguing with some 5-minute epoxy and my last two Cobra attack helicopters which means TWO vehicles to go and I'm done painting TY. Also this seemed like a pretty janky "platoon a month" so I didn't!

I'd still like to hit up a small WARPAC force for 7DttRR at some point but that'll be a ways off methinks.

ADLG

I sent the Teutons into a learning game against a Samurai army. It wasn't super successful - it's hard to use light horse to hold off infantry with bows but it was a great learning experience against a much more practiced opponent. I'm still pleased that the knights, while not super effective because I had real trouble getting them into melee. They still hit like a freight train though!

This was the end of turn one or two. Those Crusaders drove the Samurai cavalry to their base edge and in the one turn when I finally had a clean charge, they evaded short (to not flee off the board) and I charged short and they escaped! In the end, I broke as the other 10 elements in the army that *aren't* knights got absolutely machine-gunned by the Samurai bow.

Next Time

I'm slowly starting to make some progress on the pile of stuff on my desk that needs doing (like, enough that I can start to move things onto the desk from the backlog pile) so it might be a couple of chuckle projects now. I kind of want to start on my Knight as well so maybe that? Otherwise I'll be powering on with the last of the Silver Bayonet models.

No comments:

Post a Comment