Saturday 4 November 2023

Telegraphing my super secret tech again....

So it's that time of year again, when our  club thinks about it's annual Flames of War end-of-year event in which we remember the loss of a close friend and clubmate a few years ago. Every year the organisers come up with something mad and this year blogger Pelarel decided it was going to be: 

  • 60-point Infantry companies
  • Only 1 top armour 1 unit and no top armour 2
  • Only 1 support platoon

I've never really looked at the Italian Motorciclisti Company before. Now I have and I love it so I'll be running it for Remember December. 

The List 

Core 

Motociclisti HQ - 2 Rifle Teams on motorcycles

Motociclisti Platoon - 5x Rifle/MG Teams on motorcycles

Motociclisti Platoon - 5x Rifle/MG Teams on motorcycles

Breda MG Platoon - 3x HMG Teams

Armoured Cars - 4x AB41 Armoured Cars

AT Guns - 4x47mm Elefantini

AA Guns - 2x 20mm Autocannoni

Support

Semovente Platoon - 5x Semovente 75/18

Command Cards

For Italy!; Frontline Fighter; Motorcycles (3); Bombe Passaglia (2)

Getting Ready

I had two jobs to do for this one - rebase a motorcycle transport base and acquire and paint some AB41s.  Blogger Pooch sorted me out with some spare bases and local 3D maestro Che at Potbelly Miniatures printed me the AB41s in a matter of days and I smashed them out in a weekend:

The motorcycles I did a *long* time ago so just had to rebase the HQ from two motorcycles on one base to one on two bases and do a bit of repair work. Here's a fair sample of this absurdity:

Thoughts? 

It's probably terrible. The tiny infantry platoons mean it's brittle AF but it has a lot of MG dice so should be able to deliver those tiny platoons. The Semoventes provide a template if I need one and some mid-range AT as well. But it's going to be SO MUCH fun to play. 

Next Time

I've made a bit of progress on 15mm Spanish. Not enough for this week but enough....

No comments:

Post a Comment