Saturday 16 January 2021

Stompy and ghosty!

More God Engines 

Bloggers Pooch, Scotty and I got together and played a game of Adeptus Titanicus. Pooch dug up a narrative scenario in which Scotty and I would join our Traitor Legions and refight the Legio Mortis landing on Beta Garmon. This was an asymmetric scenario in which the Warp Runners (Pooch's actual Legio) bunkered up, let the Legio Mortis land and then tried to destroy them on the landing grounds. 

Sadly the light wasn't great for photos and most of them didn't quite have enough light to look good. But a couple came out!  Check out Scotty's new Damnicium titan scheme - his bone panels are amazing. He's got plans to do more work from here, but he's starting in an awesome place!

The attacker's left flank

The Warp Runner's defence

Scotty and I bought two 1000 point maniples, mine a Legio Vulpa Jannissary with 3 Reavers and Scotty's a Legio Damnicium Ferrox maniple with a Reaver and 3 Warhounds. We took on Pooch's 1500 point Mandatum maniple with a Warlord and 3 Warhounds, with an attached Reaver.

This was a game of swingy dice - Pooch should have dropped one of my Reavers in turn one with the combined fire of his Warlord and Reaver and somehow he did not. Scotty and I spent two turns trying to bring the Warlord down and failed. Mercifully Pooch singularly failed to make a single successful repair roll or command check for the Warlord and eventually one of Scotty's Warhounds hit him in the back with a Plasma Blastgun.

 I had a perfect shot at a charge on Pooch's Reaver, failed the command check, and engaged it anyway. That Reaver then called a shot on my chainfist and promptly shot it off, detonating it. It's followup fire basically blew a hole straight through the centre of the attacking titan! I managed one very very powerful headbutt before a Warhound blew out my reactor. I did get revenge putting a Reaver powerfist right through a Warhound though! 

In the end, it was 50VPs to 30 for the attackers as we finished with a Warhound and two Reavers in the Warp Runner's deployment zone. Pooch accounted for two Reavers and two Warhounds. It was a great  game and was a really nice 2 v 1 scenario. Pooch's bonus shield generator caused us no end of headaches and our orbital lances did at least manage to account for an unshielded Warhound. It was nice to have all the rules right and now the only thing we need to do is add some Knights to our games!

Painting progress 

Keeping on with my plans from last week, I am moving towards finishing up the Ghosties. The second base of the Dreadscythe Harridans is done: 

More chanting the anthem of the Phantoms!

I think I've also worked out how I want to base them. It's mostly going to be pumice gel with puddles of dank water - essentially, given all the bits of cemetery coming out of the ground, I'm thinking about a graveyard reclaimed by some kind of swamp. Having it be reasonably dark will help make the paleness of the ghosties stand out. I'll need to do a couple of test bases first but that'll be a fun little way to finish the project. 

 Next Time

We'll be playing some more Titanicus at the club I think so I'll put together a bit more of a report and a bit more of a coherent review of the game once I've had another game with all the rules right! I've started on the last base of ghosties too and have got most of the base coats down.  

No comments:

Post a Comment