Saturday 5 February 2022

Felt appropriate for the weather...

So it's absolutely honking down here at the moment. The kind of weather that makes you want hearty food and red wine which can be a bit of a problem in February!

However, it's in this context that I present my first platoon a month from January: 

 The whole platoon with a pair of panzerschreks. I've just realised I need to go through and whitewash the helmets and possibly put a highlight on the skin but I'll need to check out the existing collection and make that call.

Just quietly, not done at the end of January but this is the next blog data *after* the end of January therefore it's fine. It's fine. I'm falling back on the easy option for February though since it's already the 6th and so will be painting the HQ of my Puma company, the CO of my winter Grenadiers and the last two stands to make the platoon I already have up to a full 8 stands of Rifle/MGs. 

And....

It wouldn't be another week if I didn't post an update on the Iconoclast. Having finally finished off the legs and getting the toe plates fitted during the week I got stuck into the superstructure and I'm really happy with how it's going.

I've got the rest of the Ardex Cannons to go on the top being painted at the moment and I've primed all the shoulder weapons. I've finally worked out how I want those to look so I've started painting the shoulder weapon mounts now and once those are glued in I'll finish the hard job that is posing the arms. There's still a phenomenal amount of trim to paint on the shoulders and some massive Eyes of Horus that I'm still pondering too. 

Clamor Tenebris is watching for when Pooch gets onto his Warmaster...
Next Time

Iden Versio will get her first run, more work on the Iconoclast and probably a start on February's platoon-a-month. Got some 1:1 scale painting to do as well but should be able to find some hobby time in there someplace!







No comments:

Post a Comment