Saturday 12 February 2022

PEW PEW PEW!

The first pics today are from my first practice game of Star Wars Legion with blogger Pel where I tried to learn how to use Iden Versio.

I tried an aggressive infiltration into Pel's board corner (in a game of Breach, where I wanted to be within Range 1 of his board edge)  thinking that I had reasonable odds with Iden and the ISF to take Luke out in a round of shooting. Lets see how that went:

Iden shoots her Imperial Repeater (now, I LOVE how this gun is in Legion. It's super cool.) and does no damage. Luke saves a goodly number of hits. So she summoned her squad of ISF who opened up on Luke as well.

This was the result. 5 hits, 4 saves and a deflection. Pel's saves in the first couple of turns of this game were simply unreal! My shooting was correspondingly poor.

Three turns later and Luke had slaughtered the ISF and then taken out Iden in a couple of rounds of combat. Meanwhile, my Shore Troopers did their usual good work. One squad wiped out Pel's Rebel Veterans and the half squad below....

...took out the Tauntauns, the Rebel Pathfinders and had a damn good crack at the Rebel Blaster Cannon that was the one thing that actually made it to my board edge, giving Pel the game 1 - 0. 

This last photo is the pinnacle of where I finally worked out how to put Iden Versio (in a game with blogger Tank) in a place where she wouldn't just die. Using her order that gives her Sharpshooter 2 she got into a spot to get 5 dice on Master Yoda and, with an aim token, scored 5 hits. Yoda didn't make enough saves and the little green Jedi was done.

It was the result of two games with Pel that taught me a lot about how to get Iden to do some heavy lifting. I'm still not super sure of what I'm doing and, honestly, I played three games and lost the ISF in two of them without firing a shot and one where they got one before Luke cut them down. Still a lot to learn there.

And on the workbench front

Some prep for the platoon a month for February where I'm being a bit lazy because I don't fancy a whole infantry platoon again, despite having another one that needs doing. 

 

 So I've settled on two very different vehicles in what will be the CO for my eventual 2022 project of a Puma Company and a captured T34/85 (and the turret for a T34/76 as well) that'll probably get winterised for my Grenadiers.  Having said that I have done some work on the last two bases for my existing platoon to get it up to 8 Rifle/MG stands and these are pretty close to done too, so aiming to get them done for the end of February.

Next Time

I'm hoping the nearly (if not completely) finished Warmaster Iconoclast.  

No comments:

Post a Comment