Saturday 26 August 2023

So I was going to write up a game report from yesterday...

 ...but you'll need to wait for a report from Blogger Tank about the exciting adventures we had playing the first three scenarios of the Carpathia campaign for Silver Bayonet. I will say that Georg Bitterlich has added ghoul, cavalry and hound slayer to his record of kills, having survived the first game on one wound and dispatching two ghouls with his trusty bayonet. 

DOOOOOOOOONE!

I have finally finished the first unit of Breachers:  

 This doesn't feel like it should have been half the slog that it was but they're done and I rather like them. I'm not as vexed by the prospect of doing a second unit now. Then I'll actually have to get a game of 40K in with them so I can learn! Also keen to get these out for a game of Kill Team too. 

Competition Tech
 
I have also finished my three Jagdtigers in preparation for an upcoming comp. These are easily some of the dumbest things I've done but props to Battlefront for a great kit that goes together so smoothly. It might be one of the best yet. 

 They were a fairly simple paint job other than contending with Games Workshop's new formulation of Agrax Earthshade. Putting the whitewash on definitely helps with toning down the infernal glossy finish. I think I'll need to pick up some brush on matte varnish for some things if I'm going to keep using it. 
 
Next Time
 I'll be getting the event army ready so will dig all the stuff out and take a group photo (and thus give away all my super secret tech!) I'm also going to try out a test model for a 40K army I've been thinking about... 


No comments:

Post a Comment