Wednesday 13 December 2023

Pooch's November Update

Wait. November is gone too? So there is only one month left of the year? I mean, there is less than one month because I am always late with my blog updates!

Goodness me, I'd better get a crack on with some painting....

1. Paint a platoon for Flames of War

We have our annual Flames of War event to close out the year for our club. This year's theme was mid war infantry forces, and I couldn't face painting up any more of my DAK due to finishing up a huge commission of Fallschirmjager which pretty much killed any motivation to paint my own Germans!

So instead, I found my US Paras, and then realised that as a part of Operation Torch they were supported by aircraft from the USS Ranger- specifically F4F Wildcats! 

Cue some searching online for STLs and an order to Potbelly Miniatures....

Zoooooooooooom!

2. Add something to armies I have already painted

First up we have some more of the brilliant 3d Breed Wild West figures, continuing on my Cowboy theme for the last month or two. These Daughters of the West are super characterful figures, and were really fun to use a bunch of different colours on. I also finished up a Native American who I had in my "to paint" box for.... a lot longer than I'm willing to admit!

The first three. Pistols and Winchester Repeating Rifles

The second three, Pistols and a Shotgun

The final one with another Winchester, and the Native American scout


Secondly I did manage to finish up another Marvel character, this time it's Ghost Rider! This was a figure I wasn't acutally planning on getting finished, it just sortof... happened. It was a lot of fun doing the wet blending on the flames!

Flaming motorbike is very, very cool

Originally I'd painted the chain silver, but this is so much better!

3. Finish up a piece of terrain

The great 4Ground assembly line continues, this time with Johnston's Church! Overall it was a pretty easy build, and now I've just got one more 4Ground building to go, and one month to do it in.

Looking awesome!

4Ground including internal details like the cross is just so good.

I've got one last 4Ground building to make, so that's December's goal!

4. Play a game a month, that was different to the last month

So, initially I was going to talk about playing more Dead by Lead, because we played more of that and it was a heap of fun.

The scene for this month's game- a bar room brawl!

Three different gangs getting down to brawling!


Multi-level brawl!



How the brawl ended- that is to say badly

But to achieve the "different to last month" I'd have to talk about playing Silver Bayonet with my kids, where the two of them worked together (reluctantly at times) to overcome one of the solo scenarios!

This was the table the kids built, before fighting a whole lot of Wolves!

5. Paint a Hundred Years War French Army for ADLG

Just the one base for this completed this month, some light-er knights.

I should really be painting more Knights, but decided to paint these just for something different.




And that's it- on to December!

Pooch

No comments:

Post a Comment