Saturday 20 January 2024

Anniversary Weekend Workbench

 

Deathwatch Combat Patrol

After much faffing, the third Aggressor has been done and added to my Deathwatch collection:

Replicating old paint schemes, even when you've had the good sense to make notes on all your decisions, remains challenging so I'm pretty happy how well he fits into the wider squad:

The whole Combat Patrol is a real mishmash of stuff and, given Deathwatch, I kind of love it. The Lieutenant model is a Phobos Marine, the Apothecary is a Biologis and the Intercessor squad is half Stalker Bolt Rifles and half Auto-Bolt Rifles which is a nice vibe for Deathwatch. 
  
Amazingly, given this army was never intended to be assembled in this way, the Intercessors are all unique chapter-wise and I think there's a couple of Blood Angels and a couple of Dark Angels across the whole force. Not bad given how much effort I've put into that over the years!

ADLG

Because the nice people at Museum Miniatures have an excellent New Years Sale, I decided I have to get cracking and finish my Spanish so I can buy my Myceneans and get into another 15mm ADLG army, mostly because I REALLY enjoyed my game last week and the Myceneans will be a very different proposition. To that end, I painted the camp for my Spanish, partly so I can print some flags and test those out on the one lone pikeman on the camp base:

Once I've got that squared away, I can work out how many more flags I need for the rest of the army. It was good to get back to painting the 15s - I've gotten so used to painting 28s over the last few years that I feel like I'm a bit of out practice now! 

Next Time

Good question. I'd like to get the Deathwatch out for a Combat Patrol game or I might give the Wallachians another run. We've also got a Flames of War competition coming up in April and I wouldn't mind giving the list I'm thinking I'll play there a run either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment