Saturday 6 January 2024

Finishing up something that's taken too long!

 It's been a pretty quiet week on the hobby front. Last week's little accident certainly impeded any meaningful hobby progress that might re-open the wound which left me with a fair whack of downtime so I haven't got that much done this week until the last couple of days when it finally feels like I'm not going to do that! 

 Apotheke? 

He's done! I really do like this model and I'm pleased with how it came out. Given he's Deathwatch, I decided I'd give him the white helmet and some white trim on his Ultramarine pauldron just to pay some reference to the lore in which Apothecaries have white armour regardless of chapter.  


So now I'm just waiting on the third Aggressor to arrive from the UK and I'll be able to finish up the Deathwatch Combat Patrol. Given my Imperial Guard were utterly eaten by Blogger Pooch's Tyranids in our abortive invasion of Planet K I'm keen to send in the experts and give those bugs a bit more of a professional treatment! 

Ghosties! 

First off, I completed the rebasing job that created the aforementioned scalpel-adjacent incident and put some focus into finishing some things:

Ravagers (formerly Spectres), Butcher Fleshripper, Butchers

 I've done some aggressive basing to get ready for club day this weekend. It's not quite done as the water effects still need to go on but I'll try and get those done during the course of the week and set before Saturday:

Less of a glass cannon than usual?

Just the two bases of Reapers to finish up this army I think. And maybe a Nagash. Maybe. 

Next Time

I'm taking the new Ghosties out for a run so I'll see how that goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment