Sunday 31 December 2023

New year, new experiences

Starting off with a trip to the medics to deal with a scalpel-related accident! No permanent harm, just some medical grade super glue and a fascinating conversation with the nurse about the variant uses of superglue! Starting off '24 with a bang, as it were.

Ghosties

 

 These have been a solid grind over the break but pending a last run of highlights now slightly delayed by said earlier stupidity but they've come up really well and I'm super pleased with the results. Two full hordes of Bloodworms or Svcarecrows (probably Bloodworms) will be a nice change from the glass cannon Reapers I've been using in KoW up until now.

I'm doing a bit of a rejig of the army to account for some of the changes in the last Clash of Kings to rebase some Ghosties into new units and to fix the fact that I put some of my LgInf on the wrong sized base...

 2024 Plans

This time of year I normally sit down and have a think about what's on the block for the year. I figure it's some painting projects and some gaming projects:

Painting:

  • Finish my 15mm Renaissance Spanish
  • Clear the 40K blacklog:
    • Deathwatch and Space Marine Combat Patrols
    • Inquisition and second Breacher Kill Teams
    • Maybe get an Arbites squad and paint that....
  • Start (and maybe finish) a Tomb Kings KoW army
  • Clear the Flames backlog:
    • Sheridans for 7 Days to the River Rhine
    • Volksgrenadier Heavy Mortars
    • Repaint my Early War Germans

Gaming:

  • Play some full size 40K games
  • Play more ADLG
  • Play some 7DttRR
  • Play more Kill Team

Next Time
Well, stupid injuries will slow progress. I've booked in a Kings of War game with Blogger Tank in a couple of weeks so hoping to have that whole army redone and rebased for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment