Saturday 3 February 2024

FLAGS!

It's progress on lots of things on my Renaissance Spanish this week. With my Mycenaeans winging their way here at speed, I seem to have found the motivation to get this stuff done.

Generals

 I decided that I'd start with the flags on the generals because they were nice and easy. I had a 28mm flag sheet (thanks to the legendary Kevin Dallimore) printed out in 80% and 66%. The 66% ones are the ones I'll be using routinely, but I decided I'd stick the 80% ones on the generals so they're a touch bigger.

Knights

I've finished the knights after several weeks of having the horses painted but the riders unfinished. They're not the most complex of models so I decided to make it harder. 


Next time I come up with an idea like trying to paint candy stripes on a 15mm lance, someone please stop me. I've been working on these all week and my goodness, candy striping lances is HARD. I'm at least able to cover my more egregious failures with flags....

Camp

Since I was putting flags on things, I figured I'd do this one too. The camp has a pikeman on it just so I could wang a flag on it and he got one of the 80% sized flags too since I had the room. It also proved to me that the normal infantry definitely needed the slightly smaller scale ones or they'd almsot never fit!

Landsknechts

Progress here too. Most of the base coats are on which is more work than I've done on this army in months. They're probably another week away from done and then the last two Tercios come out of the box for me to get to work on. But no photos because right now there's nothing nice to look at! 

Next Time

Club day! Games day! Also Landsknechts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment