Saturday 10 February 2024

Pooch's January update-2024 is underway!

And with that, 2024 is officially underway. Continuing on from 2023, blogs will be on or around the end of the month, so this one is on time... ish.

January was a very Tyranid heavy month (read only Tyranid!), probably the first of a few of the next few months!

1. Paint something bought before 2024

The growth of my hive fleet continues! I took the opportunity of a holiday break to crank through a good batch of Tyranids, enough to get an army ready to start playing games!

11 Neurogaunts

Close up of the neurogaunts

5 Hormagaunts

ANother 5 Hormagaunts, rounding it out to a full 10

Three Tyranid Warriors with ranged weapons

Five Ripper Swarms
\

Screamer-Killer


Close up of the armour plates on the back of the Screamer-Killer

Neuro-tyrant


Back of the Neurotyrant

2. Paint something bought in 2024

But wait, there are more bugs!

But wait there are more Termagants!

Perks of 3d printing is I could add some heavy weapons to the Termagants, this time with some Shardlaunchers

And..... some spore mines. Not exactly glamorous.....

So, that's 1175 points of Tyranids painted so far!

Tough to get them in a single photo!

3. Play a game of 40k each month

I got in a good number of 40k games this month, against a variety of opponents.

Psycophage chomped on some Death Guard.....

The Imperial Guard were a lovely snack too....

Snacked on some Imperial Fists as well

The Screamer-Killer ate a tank too!


4. Play a game of not-40k each month

I didn't manage it in the way I wanted to, but I did play some games of X-Wing with the kids, so I'll count it as this goal, but I didn't have the smarts to take a photo of the game in progress!

I'd best do better on this goal next month....

Pooch




No comments:

Post a Comment