Saturday 30 March 2024

Workbench Greeks

 Progress once again rolls along for my Mycenaeans. 

Fist big job? Add the cowhides to the outside of my Impact chariots. Blogger McBeth made the recommendation after my umming and ahhing about it to do it and, given he's a very good painter (see his and Blogger Pooch's work at Staghound Gardens), I have done so and it is awesome: 

I like the pop of brightness in amongst the otherwise tan base coat of the wider army. It's definitely given me the nudge to do it for the spear bases and the second set of chariots. It keeps the Mycenaean / Minoan / Achaean bits together while the multi-coloured shields belong to Myrmidons and other similar lunatics!

I've also started work on the Medium Spear and, having done the first couple of sets of cowhide shields, I love how these are coming out:

This is the first three bases in various stages of done and the second three are in the primer. I like the way the looser formations are coming out - it makes them still visibly Spear but very much looser order than the heavier ones in their Dendritic armour.

I think I'm going to slog through this lot, then do the second set of chariots, then finish up with the Heavy Spear (which is mostly bronze so should be fairly quick, although there are 25% more models!)

Next Time

More Greeks, almost certainly.

No comments:

Post a Comment