Friday 1 March 2024

Pooch's February update- 2024 is well underway!

So that's it, February is done too, so what have I made progress on then?

I'll give you a hint, there is still a lot of bugs!

1. Paint something bought before 2024

I promised bugs, and this month I managed to complete the last of the Tyranids I bought in 2023- which feels like quite the milestone! 

First up is a Tyrannocyte, a tyranid drop-pod-egg-thing, which I had spent a long time hating, but now quite like!


And second up is yet more Termagants- I actually finished enough to get me to 40 termagants, but decided that rather than show you just more Termagants, that I would show you the three weapon options I have ended up with, using Potbelly's awesome 3d printing services.

Fleshborer, Strangleweb and Shardlauncher!

2. Paint something bought in 2024

So, since I finished up everything I bought in 2023, that means the expansion of the Tyranid swarm is entirely new spend- not a bad thing, because it's a sign that while I am buying more things, I am also keeping up the momentum in getting them finished. 

Having a hard rule of "no playing with it until it's painted" is helping me a lot too!

Zoanthropes. Because nothing says "evil space bug" quite like they do!

A Pyrovore. Because why not have a bug that sets things on fire?

Front view of the fire spider!

The Pyrovore kit also comes with Spore Mines, which are just fun

Tyrant Guard. Slabs of genetically enhanced bulk, with the sole purpose of defending my characters

They did not skip any gym days.

A lot of these units have become key parts of my army list thinking at present, all while I iterate towards the list I take to Valleycon in a couple of months!

And with that, we are up to 1825 points painted...

3. Play a game of 40k each month

Just the one game this month, which saw my Tyranids fighting against Chaos Demons.

The game was a really interesting one- I scored really hard in the first three turns, then promptly got slaughtered and lost pretty much my entire army. But because I had gotten enough points in the first few turns, I ended up with the win! 

Tervigon and Pyrovore vs Belakor. Belakor killed a LOT of models!

More 40k to come!

4. Play a game of not-40k each month

In my "not 40k" I have continued the spaceship theme from last month, this time trying out Battlefleet  Gothic, which is making a bit of a comeback with our local group.

I took command of the Tau component of the Demiurg/Tau fleet, and we successfully introduced the Greater Good to some Khornate Chaos Space Marines. 

The Greater Good was successfully spread, but not before many ships were lost, including in some truly horrific boarding actions (I mean, Tau vs Khorne Bezerkers in the close confines of a space ship was never going to go well for the Tau!)


It was nice to come back to BFG, it has been..... more than a decade (maybe even two!) since I last played it, so was fun to come back to it and see how the refined rules play. 

Maybe I can play Tyranids for that too...... 

.....Bugs.... in..... SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.....

Pooch



No comments:

Post a Comment