Saturday 1 July 2023

Enbasening 2: Electric Boooooogaloo

 First off, more work on the Ghosties. 

I have done the 'Titan' base for my army - Kudross Valentian, the Craven King, has been proxying in for a Void Lurker, the hero titan in the Kings of War Nightstalkers list.

It works for three reasons. One, this model is cool. Two, it fills the base. Three, I think it works for all the special rules the Void Lurker has. It's beefy, but not super beefy. It feels like it's not really in the class of giant though and I'm starting to think I might need another Titan to be the Shadow Hulk. And that might be Nagash....

Secondly, I knocked off a couple of easy ones:

On the left, a GW Wraith playing as a Reaper Souldrinker and a GW Banshee in the Nightstalkers army as a......Banshee...

I'm trying to just keep grinding on these at the mo to get all the bases done, get some 3D printed fire and then carefully go through and tidy up the bottoms of all the models where they meet the base. 

More 15mm

I've been rebasing my Wallachians too and I think I'm probably about 35% of the way through the old FoG army but over 60% of the way to the first drafted list I've got. I've started on the heavy cavalry and the archers and done a couple more light foot bow and a couple more light horse too but you don't need to see those yet!

First off, some levy, using an werewolf that used to be on the baggage for a laugh: 

 

Speaking of baggage, I have based the camp:  

 

If you're doing the gothic vampire undead nonsense, this really had to be the camp right? Two wraiths summoning up a variety of undead servants! It used to have some gnarled trees too but they just don't work on these tiny bases without ruining the vibe. 

Next Time

More bases? No! It's time for the annual nerds trip to Panzerschreck 2023 and Blogger Tank and I will be doing some LW American Tank stupidity. How it went, next week, with hopefully some army parade photos and maybe anything else I get done...  

No comments:

Post a Comment