Saturday 22 July 2023

Weekly Workbench

 Due to some logistical nonsense in the Casa de McZ this week, my new desk is still....not in my house. Net result, no painting. I've realised I need to be nicer to my back and so have focussed this week on finishing the de-basening and re-basening of my 15mm Wallachians!

So here's a sampling of the things that are now ready for fill and then painting and flocking.

Skirmishers! The list has options for many and I own MANY. I'm also allowed a base of Firearm Elite and I figured that made sense as a pair of Nazghul like Wraiths in the absence of any models with actual firearms. Probably only for friendly games - this army is silly enough as is. 

Heavy cavalry next. These will likely be Medium Cavalry Impact Impetuous which might be bad but they'll be fun. I also found some gems buried in the collection, and you can see one here in the middle of the photo, and had enough models to make a couple of cavalry bases with included generals. Quite pleased about that.
Light cavalry is the mainstay of the army and I expect to field a decent force of Light Cavalry Bow which I might run as Elite and see if it helps. Otherwise I'll drop that out for more light cavalry. The posing on the Mirliton light cav has meant almost every base is facing non-forward and I'm quite pleased about that.
Levy! I've based up a couple of bases of Javelin Mediocre but figured four bases of portable fortifications for my camp won't hurt. Note werewolf on top of large gravestone.
This is two-too-many bases of Voynuks but I had all the figures and it seemed wrong not to just do the whole lot. Heavy Infantry Polearm Armour is a decent unit. Shame I'm only allowed two!

Finally, half the formed bow. This is the Mediocre half. The other half are going to be behind pavises which Potbelly Miniatures printed for me. I'm now getting another set done because sweet Christmas, these are not 15mm miniatures. They're comfortably 18mm so they're getting scaled up. 

Next Time

I expect to have a desk. I expect to be able to paint. Lets see if I can manage it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment